ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5.5years on Work permit + ILR+ Top Lawyer+ please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samsharma
Newly Registered

5.5years on Work permit + ILR+ Top Lawyer+ please help

Post by samsharma » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:52 pm

I applied for my ILR or PR in Oct 2007 after completing 5 years in UK- working with one employer and holding his work permit in all these 5 years. In year 2006 I was away for 105 days, 56 days (doing IT courses I even have certification to prove), 30 days and 28 days. I came to the UK in Aug 2002 so from 2002 to 2005 I was away from UK for (30 – 50 day each year.) and 2007 to 2008 i was only away from UK only for 10 days.

I hired the top lawyer to get my ILR due to the gaps I had in year 2006 but was waste of time and money so I went personally to home office. I was asked by home office to withdraw my application as I was away in 2006 and to apply for ILR in March to cover up the time I was away in 2006. Caseworker also said we are not rejecting your application but asking you to come in March. I had no choice but to accept it. when I asked the case worker can I have a letter saying that I am withdrawing my application and should appear in march for ILR she said she can’t give me any letter but its all recorded in system and when I came next time it will be display on screen.

As March is approaching near I need help on 2 simple questions.
1)Should I hire the immigration lawyer or appear myself in home office.
2)If apply in person at home office what are the chances to get PR will they create some more problems this time.

Please your feedback is very welcomed

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:52 pm

This question is a repeat

xyz1234
Newly Registered

Re: 5.5years on Work permit + ILR+ Top Lawyer+ please help

Post by xyz1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi,

Can you please give your opinion on my PR.
I have 3 months 2 days gap in the first year.
I am going to apply for PR next month as i complete 5 years.
Do you recommend me to go after 3 months to cover up the gap?

Did you go via premium service in the first instance?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
XYX123
samsharma wrote:I applied for my ILR or PR in Oct 2007 after completing 5 years in UK- working with one employer and holding his work permit in all these 5 years. In year 2006 I was away for 105 days, 56 days (doing IT courses I even have certification to prove), 30 days and 28 days. I came to the UK in Aug 2002 so from 2002 to 2005 I was away from UK for (30 – 50 day each year.) and 2007 to 2008 i was only away from UK only for 10 days.

I hired the top lawyer to get my ILR due to the gaps I had in year 2006 but was waste of time and money so I went personally to home office. I was asked by home office to withdraw my application as I was away in 2006 and to apply for ILR in March to cover up the time I was away in 2006. Caseworker also said we are not rejecting your application but asking you to come in March. I had no choice but to accept it. when I asked the case worker can I have a letter saying that I am withdrawing my application and should appear in march for ILR she said she can’t give me any letter but its all recorded in system and when I came next time it will be display on screen.

As March is approaching near I need help on 2 simple questions.
1)Should I hire the immigration lawyer or appear myself in home office.
2)If apply in person at home office what are the chances to get PR will they create some more problems this time.

Please your feedback is very welcomed