ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone have a link for me? (re: Dependant Relative)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bototo

Anyone have a link for me? (re: Dependant Relative)

Post by bototo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi,

I've been settled in the UK for many years and I'm looking to get my mother over from India as her health is failing her and she needs care. She's over 70.

I've done a bit of research using Google and have an idea of the criteria (financially dependant on me, me being able to support her, accommodation requirements etc) but this is all on various solicitors' sites. I was hoping to get the details from the horse's mouth so to speak. Anyone has a link to the home office page covering requirements for this visa? I recall finding it a couple of years ago but it appears they've changed things around and made it difficult to find that info now.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:01 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bototo

Post by bototo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Brilliant!

I'm very grateful, thanks.

bototo

Post by bototo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Sorry, I've got another question. Try as I might I can't find the RON 112 sponsorship declaration form. Their own Advanced Search recognises neither RON 112, sponsorship declaration form or even the words sponsor or sponsorship! Google wasn't much help either :(

Am I missing something obvious? Does anyone have a link to it?

================
Added: Actually, ignore the above. The new SET(F) form has the sponsorship declaration included so no separate forms may be required (though pages on the UKBA site still keep talking about sponsors needing to fill in the RON 112).

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:50 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.