ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question from Potential US Applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

USteacher22
Newly Registered

Question from Potential US Applicant

Post by USteacher22 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:58 am

I have a lot of questions on the new Tier One Visa. I did the self-assessment online and surprisingly, I got the result and it said there I'm qualified for Tier one-General Visa. My only concern is are applicants really permitted to accept any type of job? It just doesn't make any sense to me. After reading the requirements, it seems as though applicants must be "professional" if they want to apply or get an extension. My case is somewhat different from other applicants. Currently, I'm working as a Public School Teacher. This automatically qualifies me to obtain the Tier-1 Visa, but I have plans to change my career when I arrive in the U.K. Now my question is let's say I got a job that is not related to teaching, will I be allowed to accept it?

Thanks

Can somebody share his/her knowledge on this matter?

republique
BANNED

Re: Question from Potential US Applicant

Post by republique » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:11 pm

USteacher22 wrote:I have a lot of questions on the new Tier One Visa. I did the self-assessment online and surprisingly, I got the result and it said there I'm qualified for Tier one-General Visa. My only concern is are applicants really permitted to accept any type of job? It just doesn't make any sense to me. After reading the requirements, it seems as though applicants must be "professional" if they want to apply or get an extension. My case is somewhat different from other applicants. Currently, I'm working as a Public School Teacher. This automatically qualifies me to obtain the Tier-1 Visa, but I have plans to change my career when I arrive in the U.K. Now my question is let's say I got a job that is not related to teaching, will I be allowed to accept it?

Thanks

Can somebody share his/her knowledge on this matter?
You can do anything you want.
In order to extend your visa, you need to acquire the requisite points.
Your job is to find work that does that for you.

USteacher22
Newly Registered

Post by USteacher22 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm

[/quote]
Your job is to find work that does that for you.[/quote]

Do you have any idea about the minimum salary requirement for extension?

Thanks

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:29 pm

USteacher22 wrote:
Your job is to find work that does that for you.[/quote]

Do you have any idea about the minimum salary requirement for extension?

Thanks[/quote]
You need to look at the guidance and application for an extension