ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO Birmingham Success - HSMP/Tier 1 JR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ob40

ILR PEO Birmingham Success - HSMP/Tier 1 JR

Post by ob40 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:24 pm

I had my appointment at PEO Birmingham today. I was applying with 4 dependants. I had prepared thoroughly for the application. I took with me 2 folders alongwith the passports and the filled application form,

First one contained the following,
1. Initial HSMP approval letter,
2. 1st extension approval letter,
3. 2nd extension approval letter,
4. 6 months payslips,
5. past 5 years P60s,
6. 6 months bank statements,
7. Proof of accomodation (Land registry document of the house and the most recent mortgage statement),
8. Birth certificates of the children and marriage certificate,
9. UK life in test pass certificates for myself and wife.

Second folder contained the following,
1. All previous payslips covering the entire 5 years,
2. All previous job offers, contracts, etc.
3. Bank statements up to last one year.

The appointment was at 1145. We reached there at 1100. They were considerably busy today and we had to wait well past our appointment time before we were called. Our case worker was a very polite, pleasant and an efficient gentleman. He initially only asked for the passports. Then after tallying some stuff from his computer and our visas/passports, he asked for the initial HSMP approval letter, P60s and 3 months bank statements. However, later he chose 3 months payslips instead of the bank statements. Then he took the birth certificates and marriage certificates and tallied names and date of births with those on the passports. He made more checks on the computer and ticked boxes off a checklist. After about 20 minutes, he said that he had to go to the rear of the office to make further checks. He returned after 10 minutes and told us that the application is straightforward and we will get our ILR today. But stamping may be delayed till later today as it was a big application (5 applicants). He suggested that we go to the town, have lunch and return by 1430. He even suggested some nice eating places.

We paid the fees and went out to have lunch. We returned a few minutes before 1430 but were returned our passports after 1630. As mentioned earlier, it was a busy day for them and ours was a large application. The gentleman returning our application asked us to check the names and DoBs on the letters and passports. These were OK.

I was a little stressed about the application because of some problems during my 2nd extension last year http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight= but it seems that the Home Office had considered my circumstances then.

I am grateful to all friends on this and other forums for their support and guidance and wish all those waiting for their ILRs all the best in their applications. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information on the subject.

Regards

ob40

netacct

Post by netacct » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Congratulations!!! Great news. Really helpful post.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 am

Hi

Congrats. One question. You mentioned that you had paid the fee after all the verification is done by the case worker. do you know if it is the case with all PEO's? From what i read, in Cryodon, you would be asked to pay the fee after few initial checks at the entrance and before seeing the case worker?

Thanks

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 am

Hi, congratulations! great and helpful summary for the post.

ob40

Post by ob40 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:45 am

shivuu006 wrote:Hi

Congrats. One question. You mentioned that you had paid the fee after all the verification is done by the case worker. do you know if it is the case with all PEO's? From what i read, in Cryodon, you would be asked to pay the fee after few initial checks at the entrance and before seeing the case worker?

Thanks
Hi, thanks. Yes, the case worker checked everything up and toand then we paid. I am not sure what would have been the case if the application was not accepted (I did not want to think about it :) ).

But I had heard that about Birmingham and also experienced it about 4 years ago when my daughter was born and I wanted to get her passport stamped. They first looked over the documents and then advised that there was no need for her visa unless We intended to travel but took no fee for all that processing.

I dont know why is there this difference in procedure between Croydon and Birmingham.

I hope this helps

Regards

ob40