ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jojybaba

Re: 10 years long residence information needs

Post by jojybaba » Tue May 28, 2013 2:24 pm

i suggest you put your question on main page under new topic,,,,this link is for processing time,,,probably seniors can better and quick reply you from own page.
imran489 wrote:Hi,
I have 8 days short to 10 years long residence,I was student and know i have Tire 1 Post Study Work Visa and my wife have a dependent visa, so question is can I apply ILR with my wife,
Please I am waiting for answer.
Thank you

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SET(O) application- I am going for Legal battle with

Post by memphis_uk » Tue May 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Varun,

I am in a similar situation like you . I applied before you on 26 th oct 2012, and still not heard anything yet.

Send in numerous letters through my solicitors and myself, but no gain. Not even a single reply.

I just spoke to them today and found it is still incomplete. They said perhaps belong to that 5% which takes longer, but gave no reason for that so. THey just told me to wait until I hear something.

I have send in a email to you regarding this.

Regards

varundhyani wrote:Well,

If nobody gives information than so be it. Can't and should not force anybody. Yes, it will help my case if somebody gives. It goes without saying that it will help many who are in similar situation.

3 people have been nice to have already scanned their details and sent to me. They are the guys who have applied post my application date and have got the ILR. Fingers crossed now on how my lawyer starts putting up the case.

Regards

Varun Dhyani

kuruvi wrote:I don't think anyone will give your their details. Your best bet is to request the said information from UKBA under Freedom of Information Act.

That would give you what you need. But then UKBA will argue that each case is different and can not be compared with others even if it is similar/harder/easier to decide.

varundhyani wrote:Having waited for more than 7 months I have given up and now decided to take UKBA head on.

I applied on 10th Sept 2012. As per the UKBA's own statement that 'application will be treated as per order of the date' which means it will fall as per the order of the application date my lawyer thinks we can "grill" UKBA over this.

Those people who have applied post 10th september in SET(O) category by post and HAVE got their ILR, could help me in fighting legal battle. They could send me their application details and be ready for submitting documents when trial begins.

Those who have applied before 10th September in SET(O) category by post and HAVE NOT received their ILR can contact me so that we could possible "attached" their case with mine simply meaning that if my litigation succeeds and I get ILR, you too could automatically get ILR.

My personal email ID is varun.dhyani7@gmail.com for thos who would like to send me the details.

It is better to die fighting than lurch like a stupid coward creatures.

I have never seen any organisation as "Scroundrel" as UKBA who do not do their job despite charging hefty fees.

Regards
Varun Dhyani

mmullan1 wrote:ILR SET(O) application: mistake by UKBA

I applied for ILR on 14th of Nov 2012 and received conformation letter from Liverpool office dated 19th Nov 2012. I never received any letters from them since then. I wrote a letter to them in April 2013 but they didn’t reply for that letter. i spoke to PEO in early May and they said to me that they sent some documents by recorded delivery on some other address where i never been and they ask me to fill out the form for return of document which I did on same day.

My employer been in touch with UKBA asking for my status and they reply back saying they made a decision and they should ask me for proof. But I don’t have that proof and that’s why I was told that I am not allow to work until I give them proof.

i went over to check on that address and found one letter from home office dated 5th jan 2013 for biometric enrolment. It was written in that letter that if I don’t do my biometric enrolment within 15 days they may reject my application but I couldn’t reply to that because I never received that letter and I think that’s why that they reject my application and sent all the documents back but they sent it to wrong address.

please advise me what i should do to resolve this problem.

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Re: THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!

Post by memphis_uk » Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Gladg wrote:Its been testimonies of God's goodness galore since I submitted my SET (O) application by post late last year. Even when I did not contact UKBA, they would contact me. I finally received approval this week. Praise the LORD!
Congrats mate,
Could you let us know why they contacted you for? I have send in numerous letters but heard no reply from them yet.

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Post by memphis_uk » Tue May 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Congrats Winner,

I have been over 7 months waiting on the set (o). Not heard anything yet.
Dunno whats going on?
Winner55 wrote:i have been a very silent member and after 7.5 months wait, finally got some good news. see my timeline below:

Application - Set(o) + 3 dependants Tier 1: 3yrs, HSMP: 2yrs
Application sent: 4/10/12
Aknowledgement letter dated: 11/10/12
BRP letter dated: 10/12/12
BRP letter received: 15/12/12
BRP completed: 18/12/12
BRP card received 17/5/13
ILR Approval letter and documents received - 17/5/13

i waited patiently for 7.5 months in prayer without contacting my MP or making any compliant. All i did was pray and the Lord answered at the appointed time.

thanks to all for all your advice, i can start to live life as normal from now. Thank you Lord.

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) Application applied in November 2012 still waitin

Post by memphis_uk » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Send letters to the correspondence address in the acknowledgment letter. i have done so numerous times but got no reply.
desi0006 wrote:Hi All

Now that 6 months have passed since I applied my application on 20th November, I was wondering whats the best way to contact UKBA to enquire about my application status?

I have tried finding postal address on UKBA website but could not find relevant to SET(O) .

Thanks

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SET(O) application- I am going for Legal battle with

Post by memphis_uk » Tue May 28, 2013 3:28 pm

HI All,

Even on the freedom of Information Act, you can't check the progress of an outstandng application. Thats what they say on the UKBA website.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navigation/foi/

I wonder how could someone find out the reason for the delay?? Mine is over 7 months

Any suggestions ppl???

quote="kuruvi"]I don't think anyone will give your their details. Your best bet is to request the said information from UKBA under Freedom of Information Act.

That would give you what you need. But then UKBA will argue that each case is different and can not be compared with others even if it is similar/harder/easier to decide.

varundhyani wrote:Having waited for more than 7 months I have given up and now decided to take UKBA head on.

I applied on 10th Sept 2012. As per the UKBA's own statement that 'application will be treated as per order of the date' which means it will fall as per the order of the application date my lawyer thinks we can "grill" UKBA over this.

Those people who have applied post 10th september in SET(O) category by post and HAVE got their ILR, could help me in fighting legal battle. They could send me their application details and be ready for submitting documents when trial begins.

Those who have applied before 10th September in SET(O) category by post and HAVE NOT received their ILR can contact me so that we could possible "attached" their case with mine simply meaning that if my litigation succeeds and I get ILR, you too could automatically get ILR.

My personal email ID is varun.dhyani7@gmail.com for thos who would like to send me the details.

It is better to die fighting than lurch like a stupid coward creatures.

I have never seen any organisation as "Scroundrel" as UKBA who do not do their job despite charging hefty fees.

Regards
Varun Dhyani

mmullan1 wrote:ILR SET(O) application: mistake by UKBA

I applied for ILR on 14th of Nov 2012 and received conformation letter from Liverpool office dated 19th Nov 2012. I never received any letters from them since then. I wrote a letter to them in April 2013 but they didn’t reply for that letter. i spoke to PEO in early May and they said to me that they sent some documents by recorded delivery on some other address where i never been and they ask me to fill out the form for return of document which I did on same day.

My employer been in touch with UKBA asking for my status and they reply back saying they made a decision and they should ask me for proof. But I don’t have that proof and that’s why I was told that I am not allow to work until I give them proof.

i went over to check on that address and found one letter from home office dated 5th jan 2013 for biometric enrolment. It was written in that letter that if I don’t do my biometric enrolment within 15 days they may reject my application but I couldn’t reply to that because I never received that letter and I think that’s why that they reject my application and sent all the documents back but they sent it to wrong address.

please advise me what i should do to resolve this problem.
[/quote]

bl2013

set (o) november 2012

Post by bl2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi all
I applied 20-11-2012 Set (o)
payment taken 22-11-2012
acknowledgement letter around 24-11-2012
biometric letter 09-01-2013
biometrics done 14-01-2013

6 months target date has passed and i am joining the 5% of cases
phoned ukba as 6 months has passed and the standard reply that we all get was = your application is not yet completed, wait for ukba to contact you

hope we hear something soon

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Wed May 29, 2013 4:43 pm

HI All,

I observed only Set(o) application are taking really very very long.
Did anyone get any response applied in January 2013 or why the dealys are ? Anyone find any reason ? Please keep posted.

bl2013

Post by bl2013 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:05 pm

ranadawood wrote:HI All,

Did anyone get any response applied in January 2013 or why the dealys are ? Anyone find any reason ? Please keep posted.
Hi

There are few lucky ones that got decided within 3-4 months rest of as 6+months and still waiting. When you phone them after 6 months all you get your application is not yet competed you have to wait.
UKBA bad performance can not be described with massive backlog and strikes earlier in april that could all lead to longer waiting times for as.

All we can do wait and hope that morning will come when postman knocks on the door with good news

wordable

Post by wordable » Wed May 29, 2013 6:15 pm

bl2013 wrote:

Hi

There are few lucky ones that got decided within 3-4 months rest of as 6+months and still waiting. When you phone them after 6 months all you get your application is not yet competed you have to wait.
UKBA bad performance can not be described with massive backlog and strikes earlier in april that could all lead to longer waiting times for as.

All we can do wait and hope that morning will come when postman knocks on the door with good news
:

:D

sanks
Newly Registered

Post by sanks » Wed May 29, 2013 6:49 pm

You are right, there are few lucky ones then few unlucky ones and then there is me who has been waiting since August last year. I think, with the way things are, I will be completing a year soon. Will keep you all posted. :)

bl2013 wrote:

Hi

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Post by memphis_uk » Thu May 30, 2013 12:18 am

Yes the Set(o) is taking longer than usual.
Perhaps we could all do is sign a petition and send to the home office, Whoever is more than 6 months?
Maybe it might put pressure on them.
What do you think ppl?

let me know all

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Post by memphis_uk » Thu May 30, 2013 12:19 am

I have been waiting on my Set (o) from last october.
Its been 7 months and they gave me no reply.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 am

memphis_uk wrote:Congrats Winner,

I have been over 7 months waiting on the set (o). Not heard anything yet.
Dunno whats going on?
Winner55 wrote:i have been a very silent member and after 7.5 months wait, finally got some good news. see my timeline below:

Application - Set(o) + 3 dependants Tier 1: 3yrs, HSMP: 2yrs
Application sent: 4/10/12
Aknowledgement letter dated: 11/10/12
BRP letter dated: 10/12/12
BRP letter received: 15/12/12
BRP completed: 18/12/12
BRP card received 17/5/13
ILR Approval letter and documents received - 17/5/13

i waited patiently for 7.5 months in prayer without contacting my MP or making any compliant. All i did was pray and the Lord answered at the appointed time.

thanks to all for all your advice, i can start to live life as normal from now. Thank you Lord.
I bless God for your faith and your perseverance.Congratulations and thanks posting your timelines . Enjoy your ILR and begin your new life in UK :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

meemyself&I

Re: My SET M application timeline

Post by meemyself&I » Thu May 30, 2013 10:53 am

Date of posting: 5 April 2013
Received by HO: 8 April 2013
Fee taken: 12.04.13 old fee £991.00
Acknowledgement letter: Received 15.04.13
Biometric letter: 3 May 2013
Biometric completed: 3 May 2013
BRP received on: NOT YET - letter states in 7 days time
Docs and approval received: 30.5.13 (approval letter dated 24.5.13)

I just want to thank God for seeing me through, and I wish all those waiting all the best.

Special thanks to Damanisshallo for the guidance and reassurance during the days leading up to me posting my ILR application.

PS - previous application was for FLR M application which was approved end of March 2013. I did not wait the full 2.5, 2 years or 5 years before applying for ILR because I fall under the rule in place before all the recent changes. I have already completed more than 9 years as Student dependant / Tier 4 dependant.
God's divine child

meemyself&I

Re: My SET M application timeline

Post by meemyself&I » Thu May 30, 2013 11:08 am

Date of posting: 5 April 2013
Received by HO: 8 April 2013
Fee taken: 12.04.13 old fee £991.00
Acknowledgement letter: Received 15.04.13
Biometric letter: 3 May 2013
Biometric completed: 3 May 2013
BRP received on: 30.5.13
Docs and approval received: 30.5.13 (approval letter dated 24.5.13)

I just want to thank God for seeing me through, and I wish all those waiting all the best.

Special thanks to Damanisshallo for the guidance and reassurance during the days leading up to me posting my ILR application.

PS - previous application was for FLR M application which was approved end of March 2013. I did not wait the full 2.5, 2 years or 5 years before applying for ILR because I fall under the rule in place before all the recent changes. I have already completed more than 9 years as Student dependant / Tier 4 dependant.
God's divine child

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Congratulations mate. That was one of the quikest postal application I have ever heard. Enjoy your freedom.

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Set (M) application is not taking really long. Only Set(O) is taking really long. Anyone got any update ? Any enhancement in the application processing?

bl2013

Post by bl2013 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:24 pm

ranadawood wrote:Set (M) application is not taking really long. Only Set(O) is taking really long. Anyone got any update ? Any enhancement in the application processing?
Hi all

Any updates for november set o

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Re: 9 Months and counting :(

Post by memphis_uk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:01 am

HI Sanks,

Do you have the email address where you send in a complaint?

I want to send in one as well. Just tired of this waiting game. Its over 7 months and 10 days.

Thnx
sanks wrote:Just thought I will share this with you guys. I sent an email last week to CEO of UKBA and other ministers complaining about the state of my application. I received a reply from the secretary of CEO, apologising for the delay and saying because they received more than anticipated applications in July - August last year thats why those have been delayed. Also adds that they have employed more staff to tackle the issue now and hopefully the applications will be sorted out soon (not that I am interested in knowing if they employed more staff or not!) Anyway in the end she had mentioned that my email will be forwarded to the Liverpool caseworker team for them to have a look at it.

That was last week and nothing since then. As expected none of the other ministers replied. I am counting minutes and days now. Really really fed up of this game. I just want them to make a decision on my case.

Will keep you all posted.

memphis_uk
Newly Registered

Post by memphis_uk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:13 am

No still waiting on the october application.

Just found out that even the 10 yr residence application are dealt within 7 months some where in the forum.

Its just the Set O is taking too longer than usual. wonder whats goin on..
bl2013 wrote:
ranadawood wrote:Set (M) application is not taking really long. Only Set(O) is taking really long. Anyone got any update ? Any enhancement in the application processing?
Hi all

Any updates for november set o

Pheena
Newly Registered

Post by Pheena » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 am

Hi
To sacks and others waiting for over six month,
I know how it feels because I waited for over nine Months (set m) before I got my approval in march 2013. I didn't do anything except calling once after the six months mark just to make sure they my application was with them
then i kept praying and waiting until they finally sent my approval.

I applied for naturalisation in april and got my approval in may 2013
So just hang in there: delay is not denial and most times no news means good news.

All the best

Referee008
Newly Registered

ET(O) October 2012...

Post by Referee008 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 am

Application Type : Set (O) , HSMP 2 Years + Tier(1) 3 Years..
Applied Via post : 24/10/2012
Acknowledgement Recvd :26/10/2012
BioMetric Done: 14/02/2013

7 Months Already Passed...

Still Waiting for Decision..

Called UKBA 4 times , all the time their answer is : "Application still on Progress , u have to wait until UKBA contacts u "..

Any October 2012 Applicants got their Decision..???...

Ronhir99
Newly Registered

Re: ET(O) October 2012...

Post by Ronhir99 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 am

Sorry for being silent but the platform is indeed is very useful and thanks to those who maintain and run it.

Here is the outcome of my application:

Application Type : Set (O) (Tier-1 Gen- 5 years; 1+3 dependants)
Applied Via post : 28/12/2012
Biometric Done: 30/01/2013
Approved: 28/05/2013
Biometric received: 04/06/2013.

I thank the Almighty and am praying everyday to HIM on everyone's behalf. The UKBA staff had been very polite in my experience, although they do acknowledge the processing delays that has gone into. Hope and wish that things will turn positive for everyone waiting.

Ronhir99

Thank you.

Referee008 wrote:Application Type : Set (O) , HSMP 2 Years + Tier(1) 3 Years..
Applied Via post : 24/10/2012
Acknowledgement Recvd :26/10/2012
BioMetric Done: 14/02/2013

7 Months Already Passed...

Still Waiting for Decision..

Called UKBA 4 times , all the time their answer is : "Application still on Progress , u have to wait until UKBA contacts u "..

Any October 2012 Applicants got their Decision..???...

Winner55
Newly Registered

Post by Winner55 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:27 pm

@Referee008, I am an Oct 2012 applicant and got my ILR decision on 15 May 2013. Date of application was 4/10/12 to be precise. I pray u and all others get your desired decisions soon. T