ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:24 am

Jambo wrote:
cutepearl wrote:I just have a query really. As I mentioned in my last post that I received EEA3 PR on 15th Feb. Today Received COA for EEA4. The applications were sent together and received by HO on the 25th of January so pretty quick I guess..

Now the question is what does it mean for EEA4 ? Does the EEA need to exercise treaty rights and live in the UK or can move around a bit freely regardless of the fact being in the UK for 6 months in the UK ? I understand it's now upto 2 years consecutive absence?

Many thanks.
What this mean for EEA4? I presume you mean the non-EU national who applied using EEA4.
Once the PR status is obtained, the non-EU national is not dependant on the EEA national any more. As long as he (the non-EU national) is not absent from the UK for more than 2 years, his rights remain (regardless of the EEA national activities).
Actually I meant was that Does the EEA National need to exercise any treaty rights now? As We had CSI to cover the last one year of exercising treaty right. Can we stop having CSI now or do we need to wait until the EEA4 is granted?

Thanks alot.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 am

cutepearl wrote:
Jambo wrote:
cutepearl wrote:I just have a query really. As I mentioned in my last post that I received EEA3 PR on 15th Feb. Today Received COA for EEA4. The applications were sent together and received by HO on the 25th of January so pretty quick I guess..

Now the question is what does it mean for EEA4 ? Does the EEA need to exercise treaty rights and live in the UK or can move around a bit freely regardless of the fact being in the UK for 6 months in the UK ? I understand it's now upto 2 years consecutive absence?

Many thanks.
What this mean for EEA4? I presume you mean the non-EU national who applied using EEA4.
Once the PR status is obtained, the non-EU national is not dependant on the EEA national any more. As long as he (the non-EU national) is not absent from the UK for more than 2 years, his rights remain (regardless of the EEA national activities).
Actually I meant was that Does the EEA National need to exercise any treaty rights now? As We had CSI to cover the last one year of exercising treaty right. Can we stop having CSI now or do we need to wait until the EEA4 is granted?

Thanks alot.
If the HO confirmed the EEA national has obtained PR, then there is no need for him to exercise treaty rights in order to qualify under EEA regulations. The PR status is enough. There is no need any more for CSI.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Jambo wrote:
cutepearl wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Many thanks.

Thanks alot.
If the HO confirmed the EEA national has obtained PR, then there is no need for him to exercise treaty rights in order to qualify under EEA regulations. The PR status is enough. There is no need any more for CSI.
Thank you Jambo. The EEA PR is confirmed by HO on blue card last week. So that means that the EEA4 applicant doesn't need to show anything only the blue PR card and their own treaty rights ?

cabarete

Post by cabarete » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 am

yukainlondon wrote:
My application hasn't been, is there any number I can ask not auto machine if my visa is issued or not?
[/quote]

There is no way we can call and check... very frustrating, however can you imagine if they had that?... hundreds of calls a day just to check for progress so you can't blame them...

they should have a website we could check, therefore no need to call but they are in no rush to improve the service....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:06 pm

cutepearl wrote:Thank you Jambo. The EEA PR is confirmed by HO on blue card last week. So that means that the EEA4 applicant doesn't need to show anything only the blue PR card and their own treaty rights ?
I don't fully understand your question. If you have applied using EEA4 (together with a EEA3 application) and received the CoA, then the application is under consideration. The HO would link between the two applications.

Who do you want to show the blue PR card to?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 pm

i just don't get the point of sending EEA3 first and take ages to send EEA4 PR. Like most of the guys here my wife got her PR status in less than a month but we sent everything together in one bag and I don't know how much time will it take for my PR application process?

Not fair from HO in dealing with applications?

but will send them an email in March when it will be 3 Months...

I kindda miss my passport...

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Jambo wrote:
cutepearl wrote:Thank you Jambo. The EEA PR is confirmed by HO on blue card last week. So that means that the EEA4 applicant doesn't need to show anything only the blue PR card and their own treaty rights ?
I don't fully understand your question. If you have applied using EEA4 (together with a EEA3 application) and received the CoA, then the application is under consideration. The HO would link between the two applications.

Ok Jambo let me explain "sent EEa3 and 4 together in January. EEA3 PR received in February. Eea4 still with HO. Do we still need to keep the CSI or shall we cancel it. Will it affect the EEA4 application which is still with HO? Thank you and hope it makes sense now.

Azhaar
Mood:

Post by Azhaar » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:57 pm

cutepearl wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Ok Jambo let me explain "sent EEa3 and 4 together in January. EEA3 PR received in February. Eea4 still with HO. Do we still need to keep the CSI or shall we cancel it. Will it affect the EEA4 application which is still with HO? Thank you and hope it makes sense now.
i believe you mean the comperhensive sickness insurance,

as long as the home office confirmed that your eea family member is now a pr residnet so you can now cancel it, but to be in a safe place just wait till you recieve your PR card..

thx

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:15 pm

cutepearl wrote:Ok Jambo let me explain "sent EEa3 and 4 together in January. EEA3 PR received in February. Eea4 still with HO. Do we still need to keep the CSI or shall we cancel it. Will it affect the EEA4 application which is still with HO? Thank you and hope it makes sense now.
No need for CSI any more.

Cancelling CSI now will not affect the EEA4 application.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi Azhaar

could you give us the address/email you used to get tour documents back if its different than liverpool thing?

Many Thanks

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Punjab wrote:Hi Azhaar

could you give us the address/email you used to get tour documents back if its different than liverpool thing?

Many Thanks
Punjab - Relex mate, take it easy bro.. You just applied few weeks ago.

I am also waiting for my PR and I need to travel in April though. I applied in the end of Dec'11 and have received COA within two weeks. I will call to HO at the end of Feb this month to request my wife's passport (as she need to apply for visa) and I hope HO will do further processing to my application too.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:21 pm

pinkpanter wrote:

Many Thanks

I am also waiting for my PR and I need to travel in April though. I applied in the end of Dec'11 and have received COA within two weeks. I will call to HO at the end of Feb this month to request my wife's passport (as she need to apply for visa) and I hope HO will do further processing to my application too.
Thanks PinkPenter, I am bit concerned as we are also travelling in April. But will waite. Tc

melcu

Post by melcu » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Hello everyone! There is no point to start a new topic, so if you don't mind I will ask my question here. maybe someone will know as I can't find the answer in the guidance form. I am married with Romanian, we have been living in the UK since may 2005 first with work permit visa, me as a dependant , then as in January 2007 Romania entered in EU and because my husband worked here more than one year, we applied for EEA1 and EEA2, and received residency card dated by the end of March 2007.
My question is can we already apply in the end of February for EEA3 and EEA4 or we have to wait until end of March, when will be 5 years of our residence card? The reason I want to be as soon as possible is that we are planning to visit my parents in summer and would be good to buy tickets in advance and book holiday at my workplace.

Thank you!

Azhaar
Mood:

Post by Azhaar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Punjab wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:

Many Thanks

Thanks PinkPenter, I am bit concerned as we are also travelling in April. But will waite. Tc
hi punjab,

i didnt e-mail or write to them, i only called them on 08450105200 and requested my passports back..

I needed to change a job and my bank requested to confirm my identity to get a loan

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

melcu wrote:Hello everyone! There is no point to start a new topic, so if you don't mind I will ask my question here. maybe someone will know as I can't find the answer in the guidance form. I am married with Romanian, we have been living in the UK since may 2005 first with work permit visa, me as a dependant , then as in January 2007 Romania entered in EU and because my husband worked here more than one year, we applied for EEA1 and EEA2, and received residency card dated by the end of March 2007.
My question is can we already apply in the end of February for EEA3 and EEA4 or we have to wait until end of March, when will be 5 years of our residence card? The reason I want to be as soon as possible is that we are planning to visit my parents in summer and would be good to buy tickets in advance and book holiday at my workplace.

Thank you!
You can apply now. The expiry date on the residence card is irrelevant. Once you complete 5 years of exercising treaty rights, you can apply. In fact, you could have applied in May 2010 (counting the years before Romania joined the EU).

yukainlondon
Newly Registered

Post by yukainlondon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:06 am

yukainlondon wrote:I apllied for EEA 4 in Nov, got COA in very begining of Dec 11.
I am really looking for PR.

I haven't planed any travel, I don't intend to get my passport back
they clearly say that [We generally advise that you should not make any travel plans until we have returned your passport. However if you need your passport because you have to travel urgently and unexpectedly, call 0845 010 5200 and provide the personal and other details listed immediately above.]

But I want to know about my visa, do you think they will answer anyhow?
I phoned last week and automatically the machine answer says do enqury phone them to ask the progress if it is within 6 months.
My application hasn't been, is there any number I can ask not auto machine if my visa is issued or not?
[/quote]

On 22 Feb 2012

Yesterday, I had a memo from a postman, who brought back the delivery for signigure require for me. They will re-delivery today, I really hope it is my visa!!!

Punjab
BANNED

Got It

Post by Punjab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 am

EEA3+EEA4 SENT --- 7/1/12

RECEIVED BY HO -- 10/1/12

COA RECEIVED FOR EEA4 ONLY -- 1/2/12

EEA3 STATUS-----Received on 3.2.12 issued on 25/1/12

EEA4 STATUS.----Received on 21.2.12 issued on 3.2.12 valid till 3.2.22

Total Time taken

EEA3- 31 DAYS

EEA4- 31 DAYS OR 40 DAYS INCLUDING DELIVERY

wow this is so fast service by HO . Well done HO.
Last edited by Punjab on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:51 am

Azhaar wrote:
Punjab wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:

Many Thanks

hi punjab,

i didnt e-mail or write to them, i only called them on 08450105200 and requested my passports back..

I needed to change a job and my bank requested to confirm my identity to get a loan
Many Thanks Azhaar

melcu

Post by melcu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 am

Jambo wrote:
You can apply now. The expiry date on the residence card is irrelevant. Once you complete 5 years of exercising treaty rights, you can apply. In fact, you could have applied in May 2010 (counting the years before Romania joined the EU).
Thanks, Jambo! I thought so too that we can apply now, but the reply of our phone enquiry to UKBA is confusing us. Also my husband tends to believe that they wont proceed our application before expiring date of the residence card. Where can I find official definition of exercising treaty rights, so I can quote it in my cover letter and also to show my husband?:) everywhere I have looked isn't so clear.

cabarete

Post by cabarete » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 am

Nice one Punjab
i just missed the postman yesterday, it will get re delivered tomorrow, i will post the result of the application and my timeline then.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 am

cabarete wrote:Nice one Punjab
i just missed the postman yesterday, it will get re delivered tomorrow, i will post the result of the application and my timeline then.
Hi cabarete Best wishes mate

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 am

melcu wrote:Thanks, Jambo! I thought so too that we can apply now, but the reply of our phone enquiry to UKBA is confusing us. Also my husband tends to believe that they wont proceed our application before expiring date of the residence card. Where can I find official definition of exercising treaty rights, so I can quote it in my cover letter and also to show my husband?:) everywhere I have looked isn't so clear.
What did the HO say? I would be very surprised if they advised you any thing else than what I said.
UKBA website wrote: If you are an EEA or Swiss national, you can apply for a registration certificate. This is a document which confirms your right of residence in the UK under European law.

When you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years in accordance with the European regulations, you can apply for a document certifying permanent residence.
There is no need to quote the definition of exercising treaty rights in the cover letter, the HO know it. Just fill it the relevant forms, attached the required documents and send it today if you wish.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 am

melcu wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Thanks, Jambo! I thought so too that we can apply now, but the reply of our phone enquiry to UKBA is confusing us. Also my husband tends to believe that they wont proceed our application before expiring date of the residence card. Where can I find official definition of exercising treaty rights, so I can quote it in my cover letter and also to show my husband?:) everywhere I have looked isn't so clear.
Hi Melcu Jambo is 101% right. My RC ( EEA2) which is valid for 5 yrs is expiring in Nov 2013 but I completed 5 yrs in my marriage last year in December 2011 and I sent my passport to HO in Jan 2012 and I got Pr yesterday. They didn't cancel my old EEA2 or write anything on it and issue a new document (sticker) valid for 10 yrs on the back page. So feel free to apply for the documents

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:01 am

Punjab wrote:I got Pr yesterday.
Congratulations. With all the worries about no evidence for one month between jobs and you got it in 6 weeks ! Enjoy your day.

pinkpanter

Re: Got It

Post by pinkpanter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 am

Punjab wrote:EEA3+EEA4 SENT --- 7/1/12

RECEIVED BY HO -- 10/1/12

COA RECEIVED FOR EEA4 ONLY -- 1/2/12

EEA3 STATUS-----Received on 3.2.12 issued on 25/1/12

EEA4 STATUS.----Received on 21.2.12 issued on 3.2.12 valid till 3.2.22

Total Time taken

EEA3- 31 DAYS

EEA4- 31 DAYS OR 40 DAYS INCLUDING DELIVERY

wow this is so fast service by HO . Well done HO.
Congratulation Punjab.... Did you called to HO ???