ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after the marriage interview,WHAT NEXT?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samasama
Newly Registered

after the marriage interview,WHAT NEXT?

Post by samasama » Sun May 30, 2010 5:01 pm

AFTER waiting for over 6 months for a decision on our applicationSET (M), we were invited for an interview.we ve gone for the marriage interview (ILR APPLICATION) and also submitted additional supporting documents .i.e tickets of visits to germany , telephone conversation while i work away and train tickets for her visits to see me.out of the 97 questions asked, we were spot on on 87 of them with little flimsies on some like food that were served on weding day which i responded as rice and yam and she said, rice yam stew and meat. that and others were clarified later as i also forgot the exacttime of the wedding and also the colour of the trousers i was wearing though she remembered and was clarified as well.
as the devil himself does not know the thots of the home office, i was told to wait for 4 weeks before any decision . she said it might not be up to though.
anybody with experience on this as to how soon we can hear from them and any chance for optimism as i am getting really sick of all these. honestly, i was nervous througout and shaking cos i just cnt believe what they were asking.
any contribution will be appreciated.

samasama
Newly Registered

Post by samasama » Mon May 31, 2010 6:02 am

any help please.

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Post by amirtaheri » Mon May 31, 2010 10:59 am

From my experience, you should receive word back within 90 days of your submission of the application. I would probably give the process 4 weeks before trying to ascertain where it is. My fiancee's application also received a tracking number where we could track her application online. That was the only method in which we could check progress. The UKBA won't be able to provide an update, the Visa Application Centre won't be able to provide any further information beyond what is displayed on the tracking website and the British Embassy won't be able to provide further details beyond that it's been sent for processing.

I'm afraid, as far as I know, it is a case of wait and see. My fiancee was in exactly the same position as your wife. The example I gave was through an application made in China. I'm not sure how other embassies are. They could be different.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 am

samasama wrote:any help please.
It might help if you gave some background to your application. An application for ILR in the UK on the basis of marriage is usually straightforward and pretty quick to be processed.

samasama
Newly Registered

Post by samasama » Mon May 31, 2010 9:02 pm

it was an ILR set(m) application made last year.i was invited for an interview at thehomeoffice in croydon and we ve been there already for the interview some days ago.the problemis we dont know how soon they willrespond back. this is taking up to 8 months since we made the application.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon May 31, 2010 11:12 pm

Although no one can say for sure what triggered them to ask you to attend an interview, but most of the times its some jealous relatives who tell UKBA that mr or ms abc have contracted a marriage of convenience.

shumon_70
Newly Registered

Re: after the marriage interview,WHAT NEXT?

Post by shumon_70 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:44 pm

That is absolutely outragious!!! asking question like that on the onterview. disgusting!!!!!!!!! uk bia mad!!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: after the marriage interview,WHAT NEXT?

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:03 pm

shumon_70 wrote:That is absolutely outragious!!! asking question like that on the onterview. disgusting!!!!!!!!! uk bia mad!!
Why is it outragious or disgusting? They do get things wrong sometimes, but they are there to do a job. They are entitled to make sure that the applicants are genuine. If someone is genuine, they dont have anything to worry about at all.

samasama
Newly Registered

Post by samasama » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:38 am

well, i dnt think it is outrageous,its just to get to know if we both know ourselves well. they would not expect us to know it all really eachother well. there are somethings you wont remember definitelyesp if you re as careless as me but cos i m close to my missus, they just kept coming to my head when the questions were asked.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:55 am

Dont worry, they are not calling you for a test or quiz. They just want to confirm that the relationship is genuine. There is no pass or fail score in that interview.