ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Called UKBA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noodles

Naturalisation - Called UKBA

Post by noodles » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi everyone. i recently applied for Naturalisation only few weeks ago after waiting 2 years on EEA4 (which is still not decided) and the lady i spoke to said the Naturalisation decision has been made and i should get a response next week.

I'm in the process of getting a mortgage but the banks are requesting to see either a PR signette on passport or british passport so i told the HO lady this and she said "Well, with the decision that has been made on your case, you should be able to provide the banks with a substantial evidence by next week"

Does this mean that she's trying to tell me it's been approved? Anyone else had a similar interaction with the HO staff? She wouldn't be saying that to get me off the hook would she?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Chinese whispers! Just forget about it and wait for your passport back. Nobody can tell you for sure what she meant.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:08 am

An EEA4 application (for permanent residence) must by law be decided within six months! As you are getting apparently serious problems simply because of UKBA breaking the law, there is ample reason for complaining or even to go to court and demand serious compensation (as a very minimum the full cost of the naturalisation procedure for example).

noodles

Post by noodles » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks for the responses, I do wish o can claim back all my 2 years is worth from the HO and might looking at claiming back the naturalisation fees, it'll be nice to see the HO cough put some of my coins