ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to visit the UK within 3 months from issue date?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Antar
Newly Registered

Post by Antar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:59 am

I heard I must travel to the UK within 3 month from the date of the issue in order to get my visa stamped.
is this true? does it void if I don't go?

desperado1306
India

Post by desperado1306 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 am

No you don't. You can travel for the first time during the entire validitiy of your visa.

Antar
Newly Registered

was it the past that immigrant must travel within 90 days?

Post by Antar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 am

desperado1306 wrote:No you don't. You can travel for the first time during the entire validitiy of your visa.
because I called the consulate and hse told that she heard that I must enter within 3 months be she is not sure and she told me that I must ask the WorldBridge which is automated response.

are you sure about that?>??
if not I must travell within two days!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Antar
Newly Registered

Are sure about that? look at the worldbridge response!

Post by Antar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:44 am

The start date of entry clearances may be post-dated by a maximum of 3 months. For example if you wish to travel on the 1st of December, do not submit your application until the 1st of September.

what will happen if I don't travell before the 3 months ends?

geriatrix

Re: Are sure about that? look at the worldbridge response!

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:14 am

Antar wrote:The start date of entry clearances may be post-dated by a maximum of 3 months. For example if you wish to travel on the 1st of December, do not submit your application until the 1st of September.

what will happen if I don't travell before the 3 months ends?
The question doesn't make sense! You can travel only during the validity of the visa, not before the effective (start) date of the visa!

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:14 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Antar
Newly Registered

I understand the 28days for the ILR but...

Post by Antar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:19 am

if I wrote in the tier 1 visa application form that I intend to travell on 1-OCT and I didn't travel and even didn't travel for the first time in the first 3 months (visa issues 15-JUL) and I didnt travel what will happen?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:23 am

desperado1306 wrote:No you don't. You can travel for the first time during the entire validitiy of your visa.
Nothing, except that you'll need to apply for extra extensions before becoming eligible for settlement / probationary citizenship or whatever applicable at the time.
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:25 am

Nothing. But you may have to apply for more than one additional extension if you want to settle in the UK and didn't travel within 28 days of the visa's effective date.

Antar
Newly Registered

What should I do when travel to the UK what is the procedure

Post by Antar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:09 pm

vinny wrote:Nothing. But you may have to apply for more than one additional extension if you want to settle in the UK and didn't travel within 28 days of the visa's effective date.
I heard I need to register with the police... what else?