ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

dot98
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application Time

Post by dot98 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi...wonder if someone could shed some light on this matter - approximately how long does one have to wait for the turnover of an EEA2 Family Permit application. I sent my application off on January 4th. I know these things do take quite a while - I am enquiring, as I have just found out that I may need to go on a business trip sometime in March. Would I have to withdraw my passport and thus go through the same process on my return?

I would appreciate any advice on this!

Thanks!!
Dot :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:20 pm

The general understanding on this Board is that such applications take two to three months to deal with.

You talk about withdrawing the application, but your current permit/visa in your passport .... what expiry date does that have? You may not have any choice but to sit it out and wait for the EEA2 application form to be dealt with.
John