ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO Solihull - Biometric Card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babysofea

ILR PEO Solihull - Biometric Card

Post by babysofea » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Hello everyone...

First of all let me thank people at this forum for all the comments and views. I was very ... very worried as I took the first appointment I could get in Solihull, not realising that its all biometric and when I realise, I was worried cause its early days and afraid of the hiccups. I was lucky that I check the website late last night, only to realise that they have a new form from 29th February. So I was printing at 12.30am ...

Anyway, here's my story ... Sorry for the long post but I dont want to miss anything out :)
Left my house at 4.30am to make sure that we were there for 8.30 for a 9.00am appointment. Everyone has to attend as it is biometric and I have a few children so you can imagine what it was like..... :)

We got there at around 8.00 so we decided to go for some breakfast.
We got in, airport style security and was given a number and ask to be seated. It was quite busy and the lady at the front desk was going around the room giving little kids pen and paper as they were running a bit late. About 9.30, our number was called into the interview section. The lady was very polite and professional. She ask me for the forms and then check them, type something onto the computer and then ask for the passports. Then she ask for the LIUK cert for me and my husband. I gave her mine ... then keep looking for my husband's. To my horror, I could not find it. I was shaking like a leaf ... then I remembered asking my husband to photocopy some paperwork that I didn't get chance to photocopy. I looked at the photocopy pile and luckily, there was a copy but I know they want the original. I ask the lady and she said she needed to verify it... At this point I said to her, if it cant be used. Can I just take his name out and apply his later. The lady said to me 'that is going to cost you full fees ... why don't you comeback and apply all together as you still have plenty of time on your current visa.' At this point, I was so heart broken ... I said to the lady 'We have come all this way .... if need be, he will have to arrange another appointment and pay the full fees'. The lady then shake her head and went to see her officer. She came back after 15 minutes and said 'You are very lucky. We have been having problems verifying the LIUK online so we need the original but we manage to verify your husbands online.' I was going to jump of joy .... totally forgot about other things that have not pass the checks yet esp my COP. She then continue to check and ask for company letter ... she looked at it very long .... my heart was pumping so fast this time as I know this is my application weakness. Finally, she type some details again on the computer and tick some box on a piece of paper. She then ask me for my salary slip and bank statement. I said 'I have a year and the photocopy...' She said 'just 3 months will do and both copies please...' I hand it over, again she was staring at it ... I can tell that she was puzzled. She then said to me 'I have to check something ...' Again, my heart was pumping hard. She then came back and said 'ok ... that is sorted. Now can I have a proof of cohabitant ...' I handed over council tax, random utility and water bill for the last 5 years that has both our names. She said 'I only need the last 2 years ...' She the type again and she said 'Have you got any proof of address for your son as he is over 16.' At this point... I was looking through the extra paperwork that I brought ... but could not find anything. Then I remembered my son has a provisional driving licence and ask if this is ok? She said is it at the same address. I said yes... So I went outside and ask for it from my son. I gave it to her. She did a copy and handed it back over to me. Then she said 'Finally one last check .... It will take 15-20 minutes' I replied 'thats fine ...' I think this maybe the police check/crb as she took all the passport to another computer inside. She came back with a smile and said the magic word 'I am happy to grand you and your family ILR, you can take this number and pay, then wait at the front for your biometric to be done.' I thanked her like a million time .... Then I went to next counter and part with £5400.00. Waited at the front for another 30-40 minutes and finally got called for biometric. The lady was very friendly and gave my children stickers for being good with the biometric. She then said that we need to come back about 3 hours time to get our documents and the letter back. I was quite happy to do that as it was getting crowded and warm in there. When around town, had lunch and did some shopping, then I went back around 3pm. This time the room was so empty and our paperwork was ready to be collected. It says that we will receive the card in 7-10 working days ... that is enough to put a smile on my face.
Thank you God!!

Sup

Post by Sup » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Congrats to you and your family for success..

could you please answer few question for me as it will really help to me as I will be applying to Solihull, end of this month.
1)Why SOC code was weakness as you stated? Wasn't matching with your current job title?( If yes, I got nearby same issue and how you prepared for this?)

2)Also why you think it took 3 hours to return back your doc. as previously (before BRP) they use to give in 2hrs time with vignette in PP?

babysofea

Post by babysofea » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 am

Hi Sup.
Thank you

1. I was under wp and tier 2, my SOC code was removed from the high skilled and job shortage, plus the fact that my salary was lower then the next closest role. But I think because I was granted the SOC before the rules change, I was ok.

2. You are right but I think they were very busy as everything is biometric now, plus the fact that there was quite a few in my family. They needed time to match up the application with the biometric before they can returned the documents. I didnt mind the wait, they have to do their job :)

vloke
Newly Registered

ILR card times

Post by vloke » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi Babysofea

How long did it take for your biometric ILR card to arrive? I know they say 7 - 10 days, but want to get an idea of whats really happening.

Thanks!