ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian PR and UK ILR

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ns6
Newly Registered

Australian PR and UK ILR

Post by ns6 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:23 pm

Hi All

Me and my wife have our UK ILRs since 2019, however, we are now looking for upping the sticks and moving to Australia. At the moment, we have not applied for UK naturalisation and still hold our Indian passports.

Now, we have a few questions which we are hoping someone would be able to help us out with.

1. Is it possible to hold the PR of Australia and UK-ILR at the same time?
2. Is the PR tied to the person and the passport i.e. if we were to get the Australian PR based on our Indian passport, the moment I apply for UK naturalisation, the PR will cease to exist?
2. Would it be better to get naturalised here in the UK first (so that there is a fall back option, just in case things don't quite work out in Australia)?

Sorry too many questions :?

Cheers!

secret.simon

Re: Australian PR and UK ILR

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:27 am

Please do not post multiple threads for the same topic across the forums.

You have already received a response in your other thread.

This thread will be locked.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.