ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian Spouse visa - advice

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marsenal

Australian Spouse visa - advice

Post by marsenal » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:41 am

Hi all, I'm looking to get some help for my application for my wife to migrate to Australia (I am an Australian citizen).
We are both currently outside of Australia and will be applying soon.

I have looked at the necessary documents: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/8 ... -checklist
It seems a rather detailed and long process and am wondering if people generally do this on their own or go with an advisor/lawyer?

I have tried searching through this forum for advice, but can't seem to find any useful threads yet. Would certainly appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.

All advice very welcome on the entire application process.

Thanks in advance!

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Re: Australian Spouse visa - advice

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm surprised your first reaction wasn't utter outrage at the application fee DOUBLING to $6,800+ from $3,085 since last year.

Why? Well not to process your application quickly. It takes 12-18 months.

So why! To find additional intake of refugees into the country in 2017-18.

That's right - the government has decided that just because you found love outside the country you can be punished/robbed.

You need to focus anger on previous Immigration Minister Scott Morrison - the person who thinks your foreign relationship entitles him to abuse you senseless. Perhaps Scott Morrison ought to be treated with a similar level of contempt in return.

marsenal

Post by marsenal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:07 am

Thanks for the reply aussiegoin4it.

I must admit that since I only started looking into this recently I was not aware that there had been such a huge spike! I was already in shock at the price but now even more so.

But given there isn't really an alternative, I guess I still have to go down this route :(

Have you been through the process yourself?

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:26 pm

aussiegoin4it wrote:I'm surprised your first reaction wasn't utter outrage at the application fee DOUBLING to $6,800+ from $3,085 since last year.

Why? Well not to process your application quickly. It takes 12-18 months.

So why! To find additional intake of refugees into the country in 2017-18.

That's right - the government has decided that just because you found love outside the country you can be punished/robbed.

You need to focus anger on previous Immigration Minister Scott Morrison - the person who thinks your foreign relationship entitles him to abuse you senseless. Perhaps Scott Morrison ought to be treated with a similar level of contempt in return.
Why so serious? One Aussie is really going nuts for it..

You mad, bro? :mrgreen: