ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australians face five years in jail and £37,000 fine if they return from India

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

Australians face five years in jail and £37,000 fine if they return from India

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 01, 2021 2:24 pm

The UK is being quite liberal in allowing British and Irish residents to return to the UK and quarantining here.

Australians returning home from India could face up to five years in jail and a £37,000 fine in a controversial new crackdown on travel.

As I understand it, this applies to Australian citizens as well as Australian residents who are citizens of other countries on long-term visas.
The tougher rules on India have been brought in after several people, including cricketers, skirted a direct travel ban implemented on Tuesday by travelling via other destinations such as Doha.
This lockdown against people arriving from India is not surprising as Israel, one of the most vaccinated (against Covid) countries in the world, has reported that the Indian variant is infecting even people who have been vaccinated.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.