ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I claim points for online work?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spyder_pk
Newly Registered

Can I claim points for online work?

Post by spyder_pk » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:27 am

Hi,

I want to submit my EOI for NZ and I know I cannot claim points for my work experience in Pakistan as it is not considered a comparable labour market.

I also work part time online for a UK based company for almost 7 years now and have a rolling contract with them... can I claim points for this experience in my EOI?

My contract/agreement with the company states that I am not an employee but working as an independent consultant for them.. what is the status of my work in that case WRT NZ EOI.. can I claim points for this?

Some key points from the contract are copied below:
This Consulting Services Agreement (“Agreement") is made between MY NAME (“Analyst"), and COMPANY NAME Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number NUMBER and its registered office at ADDRESS, London, W1D 3QL, United Kingdom (“Company”).

2. TERM
This Agreement shall become effective when signed by both parties and, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, shall continue in full force and effect until expiration three (3) calendar months thereafter. This Agreement shall renew for additional three month terms unless either Party provides the other with written notice of its intent to terminate this Agreement at least fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration of the then-current term.

Later on it states...

9. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
In providing any services under this Agreement, Analyst is acting solely as an independent Analyst and not as an agent of any other party. Analyst shall not be considered an employee of Company for any purpose.

Any guidance in this matter will be appreciated.

Thanks!