ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marrying permanent resident with disability

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

effrahman
Newly Registered
Pakistan

marrying permanent resident with disability

Post by effrahman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi,

I am marrying a guy who is a permanent resident in Australia on Skill Independent Visa (Visa Class SI 189). He arrived there in 2015 and had full time carrier for 2 years or more. After that he got partial vision loss, and now legally blind and under treatment. Getting government support and disability pension.

I am concern that at this stage is he entitled to apply for spouse visa? I am in Pakistan so do I need to file case from here or is it better if he file application from Australia? I like to join him as soon as possible so he can have better life and get better soon. What's the quickest way for best visa that allow me permanent residency too and what visa class we should apply for?

Regards,
FR

JoyH
Newly Registered
India

Re: marrying permanent resident with disability

Post by JoyH » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Applying and being granted a visa can be a long and expensive process; it's best to get it right the first time. I suggest you get in touch with an immigration expert to help with the application. Someone who will help you identify the right visa, and guide you during the application process. One person who you can contact is xxxxxxx who is an expert on partner visas. You can try xxxxxxxx (website Link removed by moderator) and ask to speak with him. I am sure he will be able to provide the best help.

Hope this helps