ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

medical

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rnp
Newly Registered

medical

Post by rnp » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:09 pm

May I know what is the exact or better information, is it possible to apply if you have hep b carrier but it is not active/non-inflamatory for about 10years. help...ty

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:30 am

from where are you applying ? They are mainly concerned for aids and TB, which can spread easily. But if someone has TB it is not necessary that his appl. is rejected. He can get it cured and show the certificate. There will be double test(med. exam) before approval.

Regarding Hepatitis B , they did not mention anything in site. But you can always ask them. But if you say that from last 10 years no problem then your medical should be positive.

rnp
Newly Registered

Post by rnp » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:45 pm

Thank you raoms for your reply, I'm applying to Canada but I guess its better to apply in Australia because of the mentioned problem. I found info in both Canada and Australia regarding my case but there is no specifc explaination especially in Canada, its only stated that the hep b is now included in the medical examination but should not be refuse directly, but I don't know the real story, there is no concrete information. I am hesitant to apply coz it might just rejected you, but I really like to immigrate than staying in my country.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:19 am

rnp,
The australian missinories have some selected medical centers, you can go there for the test. If they issue a no objection cert. it should be enough for you. So contact your nearest embassy.

Regards,