ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Australian PR & CommonWealth Countries.

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajeshshinde
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshshinde » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 am

Hi Friends,

My name is RAJESH & I am from India. :D

I am looking further for filing an AUSTRALIAN VISA under SKILLED PROFESSIONALS category. I have been working as Software Professional since last 4 Years. Regarding this I contacted a Indian agent registered in mara.com.au & they told me that if I apply for Australian PR then I will be free to enter & work in any of the CommonWealth countries, is it true :?: ? I didn't find this info anywhere on web. If anyone of you have any reference pls provide me.

Also they confirmed that they will help me to search a job with my profile & after all required formalities I may travel to Australia to join the firm. I wish to know how much reliable are these registered agents as I will be spending good amount of money over it. :!:

Pls guide me.

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:51 am

No, having Australian PR won't entitle you to work in any Commonwealth country, the only country apart from Australia that it MIGHT entitle you to work in is New Zealand.

If you qualify under the skilled professionals category then why on earth are you forking out thousands of dollars to a registered agent when you can do it cheaper yourself? Just look for jobs before you leave, apply directly to the company or companies and then sign up with recruitment agencies once in Oz, which is FREE.

rajeshshindes
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshshindes » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 am

Hi friend,

I came to know that If I apply for an PR & after working in Australia for next 2 years I may get an Australian citizenship. And I was told by a mara agent that an Australian citizen can travel & work in any of CommonWealth countries..

Is it true ??
Please let me know....

Regards,
Rajesh

meats
BANNED

Re: Regarding Australian PR & CommonWealth Countries.

Post by meats » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 pm

rajeshshindes wrote:Hi friend,

I came to know that If I apply for an PR & after working in Australia for next 2 years I may get an Australian citizenship. And I was told by a mara agent that an Australian citizen can travel & work in any of CommonWealth countries..

Is it true ??
Please let me know....

Regards,
Rajesh
The answer is still no.