ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skill Assessment Positive or Not?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

murtza4u
Newly Registered

Skill Assessment Positive or Not?

Post by murtza4u » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:40 am

Hi Respectable experts,

I have 8 years of experience as a Software Engineer and I applied for Skill Assessment and got reply from ACS (Australian Computer Society). I have

two employments, 1st from May 2005 to May 2008. 2nd from May 2008 to July 2013. So I have more than 8 years of experience which I mentioned in my

skill assessment application. In my skill assessment response, ACS wrote the following regarding my employment.

"The following employment after May 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software

Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code

Dates: 05/05 - 05/08 (3yrs 0mths)
Position : SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Date: 05/08 - 07/13 (5yrs 2mths)
SOFTWARE ENGINEER
"

1. Now I wonder, can I claim points of 8 years of experience? Or DIAC will not consider first two years that ACS mentioned?

2. The years ACS didn't considered, has DIAC recently started to reject claims for the years that ACS has excluded? Or this type of claim was being

rejected before?

Below is the screenshot of my skill assessment for employment section.

Is there something I can do?

I really appreciate your expert opinion.

irfanlibra
Newly Registered

Re: Skill Assessment Positive or Not?

Post by irfanlibra » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:18 am

You can only claim your experience from May 2007 on words, so in your case you can claim 6 years. So you can basically get 10 points for 5 or more year experience band.

adeelishaq786

Re: Skill Assessment Positive or Not?

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 am

what other points can be claimed/required?