ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for doing research in Australia for 4 months

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

davidem86
Newly Registered

Visa for doing research in Australia for 4 months

Post by davidem86 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello everyone!

I am trying to figure out which visa is more suitable for my upcoming secondment to Australia. Hereunder I will state my situation briefly and hopefully you will be able to provide me with some guiding to clear up which visa choice is the right one for me.

I am PhD student with Spanish nationality based in an University of London. As part of my research I am going to carry out some research in Australia for a total period of 4 months. This does not involve any fieldwork, but I will be collecting some information from interviewing a number of Australian organisations and institutions. While I will not be directly working for any Australian organisation, my work is gonna be part of an European research project in which there are both European and Australian partners. As I said above, in London I am working for an University, and in Australia I will one of our Australian partners will be my hosting organisation.

After exploring the available options on the website of the department of Immigration of the Government of Australia, I have come up with the 'Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)' as the most suitable based on my situation. However, I am not 100% sure about that.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you in advance,

David