ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens in the future for other applications if I’ve had a work visa denied?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GeckoGecko
Newly Registered

What happens in the future for other applications if I’ve had a work visa denied?

Post by GeckoGecko » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi there,

I’ve have just had the results of a ‘work exchange’ visa application back from New Zealand and it was denied. The reason they gave was because they said I needed a police check which is very frustrating as I went through a visa company who advised me not to send one as I’d be there no more than 12 months.

My concern now is what happens in the future if I apply for work visas for any other country? (Or indeed for New Zealand again). I know that often in visa applications and even visitor entry visas they say ‘have you ever had a visa denied’?. Will I have to declare this every time I go to a country or make a visa application and will it stop me from being allowed entry to the country or getting work visas in the future?

I am hoping to apply for a work visa for Canada in a few years once I get some more experience in my field of work. I also like to visit the USA a fair bit.

I feel the company has cheated me and am very concerned it has affected my future chances.

Is there a way to appeal and how long does the visa denial last on my records? Will I have to declare it for the rest of my life?

Many thanks