ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 child's first passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nima240917
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

2 child's first passport

Post by Nima240917 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:55 am

Hi all, I have an indefinite leave to enter the UK which was granted in 2004 to join my mother resettlement... Am about to apply for my naturalization but was advised to wait as I had plans to travel soon that they won't garantee return of documents before 3 months so advised to go holiday and apply when am back....I had my first child in 2013 and applied for her British passport in 2016 took about 10 days and we received passport..now had my second child in 2017 have applied for her passport and the passport office is requesting more documents after sending them my passport child birth certificate. Was told I needed more proff of residence...am confused why am I been asked for this isn't my ILE enough proff which I had years before having kids for my child to optain her British passport? Please has anyone experience this? I have had no restrictions with my ILE over these years just about applying for my naturalization now... really confused and worried...any advice or help thanks

secret.simon

Re: 2 child's first passport

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:23 am

ILR/ILE lapses automatically if the person has been away from the UK for more than two consecutive years. When issuing the passport to your second child, the Passport office needs to be satisfied that your ILE had not lapsed by absence. Therefore the request for proof of residence.

I suggest that you provide proof of residence from when you acquired ILE through till the birth of your second child.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Nima240917
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Nima240917 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Thank you for the reply..what proff do I have to provide ...the longest I have been out of the country is 5 weeks holiday since I have been here...2004 does that make my ILE elapse? It shows on my passport all the times I have traveled and how long.

Nima240917
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Nima240917 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Still nothing from passport office... anyone know what proff I need to show...been checking says My ILE should be all I need for child passport... anyone experienced this same thing from passport office?