Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accepted Professions (sticky)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tzima
Newly Registered

Re: Accepted Professions (sticky)

Post by tzima » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi Alex,

I used my landlord as the professional referee, but that was because he was the director of the letting agency. (registered VAT company)

On page 24 of the document below they say you can use a fire service official, or a nurse (RN, SEN or holder of a BA in nursing):
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi tzima,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding my question, like I’ve mentioned before one of them is a nurse in a hospital and the other one not only that he’s a fire officer but he is also my landlord but as far as I’m aware he uses an agent when he deals with tenants and stuff like that, but according to your answer I should be ok with them two.
At least I took another stone of my heart now and don’t need to worry about this.

Regards,
Alex

Issa123
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Issa123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi

One of the acceptable professions on list is a Minister of a recognised religion

I googled it and gave this,
In Christianity, a minister is a person authorized by a church, or other religious organization, to perform functions such as teaching of beliefs; leading services such as weddings, baptisms or funerals; or otherwise providing spiritual guidance to the community.

Can I use Buddhist monk who is from a Buddhist temple in the UK(also a British citizen)

thanks

Anthony2
Newly Registered

Post by Anthony2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am

Can someone please advise.

Anyone know if or used a Head Librarian as a professional referee for Naturalisation application?
They work for the council. I know it is not on the official list but it does not list every single profession allowed otherwise it would be too long.

I did ring the passport office to check if they could be used as a countersignatory and was told it was probably okay but could not give me a definite answer. Maybe I need to check what qualifications they have first.

Thanks.

Ity699
Newly Registered

Post by Ity699 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:21 pm

HI all

Having looked at the accepted professions list I cannot see a biomedical scientist on the list, can someone tell me.of this will be accepted as the professional referee

Thanks