Hristina_Iv wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:23 am
I am currently completing the online naturalisation form and have a couple of questions I was hoping you can help me with:
1. Authority on Russian passport written in cyrillic only
- on my Russian passport, the issuing authority is written in cyrillic only (МИД России 44201) with no English translation like it's done for the other fields. Do I add it in cyrillic in the form, or do I have to translate myself (e.g. MID Rossii 44201). That is not an authorised translation though and may confuse the person reading if they dont know the cyrillic alphabet
Suggest you use your translation - UKVI & HMPO should be quite familiar with what passports from around the world look like.
2. Date when you first arrived in the UK
- Should I enter 2008, the date when I arrived to study in a UK university, or a more recent date? My qualifying period has started much after 2008, and I had some long summer absenses. The form says to enter the date when I arrived with an intention to stay, but that is not something I can specifically pinpoint. Any advice?
The next date you entered the UK? Alternatively use 2008 - it should not make a difference.
- as a Bulgarian/russian dual citizen, what should I tick for the biometric residence permit question? I dont believe it's something I've done before as I use my BG passport for all travels - I assume I need to select "No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave" and "Do you have a BRP from a previous stay in the UK? - No"?
4. Referee form
- can you please confirm that this is the form my referees need to complete? I understand that form is provided to the applicant only after the application is submitted, after which they cannot be changed - I assume I can also request them to complete it before I have submitted and paid, so I can be sure there will be no hiccups after and I have all I need before the payment? Also again, another question that I see has been asked multiple times but I still dont understand - if it's only the scanned copies of the referee forms being sent, why do we need to write our name on the back of the photos and stick them - what I am missing here? This wont be visisble in a pdf document.
Probably a hangover from the paper submission process (I went through) - photos can get detached in transit.
5. Previous Passports
- do I need to provide all previous passports for the full 5 year period? Bulgaria does not give back expired passports so that would prove impossible - is it a requirement?
Only your current passport required if applying as an EU citizen (applicants with UK ILR get their passports stamped and provide alll covering the residemncy period.
Thank you very much in advance!