ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:51 pm

I 2nd Jagan's post... Could someone please clarify if it is a must to put exact dates for previous addresses... Can we take date references from credit agencies and put the dates which match them ?

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 pm

In Section 3.5 (Address or tax office or tax office reference)

Is PAYE REFERENCE NUMBER from P60 correct for this ?

Or should I get Account PAYE reference number for the Employer ?

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Cisadi wrote:In Section 3.5 (Address or tax office or tax office reference)

Is PAYE REFERENCE NUMBER from P60 correct for this ?

Or should I get Account PAYE reference number for the Employer ?
PAYE reference number and tax office reference is the same thing, you can get it from your P60.

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello,
I & my wife both got ILR on 14/01/2010 after 4 yr HSMP JR.

My wife went to India to deliver my son on 12/06/2010. She delivered on 02/09/10. We applied for indian passport on 21/9/10 after the issue of birth certificate and passport finally got issued on 21/12/2010. Settlement visa applied on 29/12/2010 and recieved visa on 21/02/2011. I am going to india to bring them with me on 03/04/2011. I am planning to apply Naturalisation for myself and my son through NCS on 05/04/2011.
As a result of this my wife is going to be away for 9.5 months in total.
I saw in one of the threads that if one of the parents is away for more than 6months........kids application might not be considered. Is it true?
I got proof that it is not our fault. I have passport application reciept, date of issue of passport & visa to support this.
Is this really a problem for my son's application??
Do I need to submit any letter with my son's MN1 application, explaining reasons for her stay more than 6months. Does this help.
Thank you very much for ur help.
with regards,

spacetide
Newly Registered

British Citizenship

Post by spacetide » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 am

Hi everyone,

I have the following queries:

1. Do you think it would jeopardise the application for British Citizenship if the applicant is unemployed?
2. In the AN form, there is a column asking for the details of the applicant's job, and employers. If the applicant is unemployed, what is the best way to answer this column?

Many thanks.
Looking forward to your replies.

ukpl

Re: British Citizenship

Post by ukpl » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:00 am

spacetide wrote:Hi everyone,

1. Do you think it would jeopardise the application for British Citizenship if the applicant is unemployed? NO, unless you are applying on basis of exercising Treaty Rights as EU citizen but then it depends on your past and current situation
2. In the AN form, there is a column asking for the details of the applicant's job, and employers. If the applicant is unemployed, what is the best way to answer this column? homemaker

Many thanks.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi everybody
I can’t remember exactly the dates i’ve moved couple time before, i mean i know plus-minus day or two but can’t be 100% sure. Do you think it might be a problem? :?

spacetide
Newly Registered

Post by spacetide » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. :)
In regard to your reply to my first question, will you be able to give examples of the past and current situation which might jeopardise the application? For your information, the applicant is not applying for British Citizenship on the basis of exercising Treaty Rights as EU citizen. She is applying on the basis of his indefinite leave to remain.
Would be very grateful to receive your further replies. Many thanks in advance :)

ukpl wrote:

1. Do you think it would jeopardise the application for British Citizenship if the applicant is unemployed? NO, unless you are applying on basis of exercising Treaty Rights as EU citizen but then it depends on your past and current situation
2. In the AN form, there is a column asking for the details of the applicant's job, and employers. If the applicant is unemployed, what is the best way to answer this column? homemaker

Many thanks.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

spacetide
Newly Registered

helps needed in replying form AN

Post by spacetide » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi everyone, my friend who is a housewife (unemployed) since one and half year ago would like to apply for british citizenship on the basis of her indefinite leave to remain. She is not applying on the basis of the Treaty. She is struggling to reply the first part of section 3 (page 9) of the AN form, she is in particularly struggling to answer 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5. Please everyone, will anyone kind enough to suggest replies to these questions by taking into her current situation, ie. unemployed?
:(

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:13 pm

spacetide wrote:Thanks for your reply. :)
In regard to your reply to my first question, will you be able to give examples of the past and current situation which might jeopardise the application? For your information, the applicant is not applying for British Citizenship on the basis of exercising Treaty Rights as EU citizen. She is applying on the basis of his indefinite leave to remain.
Would be very grateful to receive your further replies. Many thanks in advance :)

ukpl wrote:

Many thanks.
To exercise Treaty Rights one must be either in employment / self-employment or actively looking for a job or be a student or selfsufficient person or family member of someone who is exercising Treaty Rights. Just by merely living in the UK one doesn't fulfil those conditions: you either work or are rich or retired.
You can't just move into another EU contry without money and do nothing to claim Treaty Rights (you are then on 6 months tourist "visa").
But when you gain PR status (after 5 years) you are settled in the UK and Treaty becomes irrelevant: UK is now your home.
And being unemployed is not a reason to decline your application on itself.
So being unemployed prior to obtaining PR status and not actively looking for a job is damaging to your application 'cos they can say you have not got PR status (no full 5 years of exercising Treaty Rights).
Also, claiming Jobseekers Allowence is of detrimental effect.

spacetide
Newly Registered

Post by spacetide » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks again for your reply. She is a none-eea. Accordingly, she is not applying under the Treaty Rights. She got her indefinite leave to remain after she has worked continuously for 5 years as a Tier 1 holder. In this case, what is the best way for her to fill in the first part of section 3 (page 9) of the AN form, she is in particularly struggling to answer 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5. Please be kind enough to suggest replies to these questions by taking into her current situation, ie. unemployed?

ukpl wrote:
spacetide wrote:Thanks for your reply. :)

ukpl wrote:

Many thanks.
To exercise Treaty Rights one must be either in employment / self-employment or actively looking for a job or be a student or selfsufficient person or family member of someone who is exercising Treaty Rights. Just by merely living in the UK one doesn't fulfil those conditions: you either work or are rich or retired.
You can't just move into another EU contry without money and do nothing to claim Treaty Rights (you are then on 6 months tourist "visa").
But when you gain PR status (after 5 years) you are settled in the UK and Treaty becomes irrelevant: UK is now your home.
And being unemployed is not a reason to decline your application on itself.
So being unemployed prior to obtaining PR status and not actively looking for a job is damaging to your application 'cos they can say you have not got PR status (no full 5 years of exercising Treaty Rights).
Also, claiming Jobseekers Allowence is of detrimental effect.
Last edited by spacetide on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:13 am

hi
I m in a similar situation .My husband wants to apply for naturalisation next month on the basis of automatically gained Pr residence in april 2010.But we applied for eea4 too which was received in oct 2010.
But my question is do i have to prove all 6 years of treaty rights or only first 5 yrs of p60's which we sent to home office when we applied on eea4.If we send only first 5 years of p60's for both of us and what else we should send to for the 6th year.I m unemployed now but huband is working. As what i understood from An guideline we have to send only first 5 p60's for both of us and for the 6th what my hubby was doing.Can anyone anwser to this pls.

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a NCS appointment next week and I have a query, I would appreciate if anyone clarifies me.

Section 3 -> 3.5 address of tax office or tax office reference

I changed my job on 01.06.2010 and haven't received my P60 (2010-2011) yet so should i put my previous employer PAYE reference?

(Btw, my present employer is ready to give me PAYE reference & tax office address)

Thanks in advance
pct

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:03 pm

How recently did you change jobs?
John

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi John, Thanks for your prompt reply

not often i change jobs and so far i changed three times since 2004

2004 - 2007 - employer 1
2007-2010 - employer 2
2010 - till date - employer 3

Regards
pct

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:25 pm

When in 2010? Which month?
John

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi John, its June 2010

I received my 2009-2010 P60 from my previous employer plus P45 as well

Thanks in advance

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:47 pm

In that case definitely give your current employers details, that is, as regards "my present employer is ready to give me PAYE reference & tax office address", indeed get information from your current employer.

When you left the previous employer, you got a form P45 and parts of that were given to your current employer. That current employer would have filed part of what you handed in with HMRC, and hence your reference in the HMRC computer system changed.
John

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks John

allta

Post by allta » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 pm

This question has been asked several times, but there are conflicting answers/opinions and I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here.

For those who "switched" status while in the country, did you use the date on which the new visa was issued and the place for section 2.1 of Form AN?

In my own case, I came into the UK in May, 2004 with Working Holiday Maker, but switched to HSMP in March, 2006. As I didn't enter the UK in March 2006, but first arrival was in May, 2004. So, my question is, which one do I fill into section 2.1 of the Form AN? 2004 or 2006? If 2006, which port of entry shall I use?

Thanks
Allta
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest