ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After attending citizenship ceremony, are there time limits to applying for British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

After attending citizenship ceremony, are there time limits to applying for British passport

Post by matlau_2862 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:46 am

Hi community,

I've recently attended my own citizenship ceremony, and collected my certificate of naturalisation.

I want to plan my British passport application carefully, as I'm mindful of the long lead time. And so I wonder, are there time limits to applying for British passport once you have attended your citizenship ceremony i.e. you could only apply for British passport within x months of attending citizenship ceremony.

Thank you!

Casa

Re: After attending citizenship ceremony, are there time limits to applying for British passport

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:25 pm

matlau_2862 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:46 am
Hi community,

I've recently attended my own citizenship ceremony, and collected my certificate of naturalisation.

I want to plan my British passport application carefully, as I'm mindful of the long lead time. And so I wonder, are there time limits to applying for British passport once you have attended your citizenship ceremony i.e. you could only apply for British passport within x months of attending citizenship ceremony.

Thank you!
No time limit. You can choose when to apply for your passport, or not at all if you don't intend to travel.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.