ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Answer to : "Do you meet these residence requirements?"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seank
Newly Registered

Answer to : "Do you meet these residence requirements?"

Post by seank » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:43 pm

I am going to submit my neutralization application in a week. I do fulfill every other eligibility requirements apart from the Absence in Final year which I was away for 93 days.

According to the guidelines it is normally disregarded up to 100 days which is my case.

My question is about the online application where there is a question stating:
The rest is removed for brevity ...........
You must not have been outside the UK for more than 90 days in the last 12 months
"Do you meet these residence requirements?"

It is a yes / no question. I suppose I have to tick No and in the Box where it asks you to:
Please tell us which of the requirements you do not meet and the reason you do not meet them:
Write something like:
I have spent 93 days in the last 12 months.
Please can you kindly use your discretion as my leave is under 100 days in the final year and I do fulfill other requirements?

Basically I am assuming that I should not tick Yes as an answer to the residence requirements question.

Thank you

seank
Newly Registered

Re: Answer to : "Do you meet these residence requirements?"

Post by seank » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Also there are two questions in the next page relevant to Absence matter which are:

Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)?
If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?
Am I right to answer YES to the first one and NO to the second one? After you choose Yes it does allow you to explain.

Aquitaine
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Aquitaine » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:49 pm

I have almost exactly the same problem! What did you land up doing if i may ask please?

seank
Newly Registered

Post by seank » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:30 pm

For sure. I have not submitted my application yet. Hoping someone to give me an advice for reassurance. But if I don't hear anything I go with what I said initially.

"Do you meet these residence requirements?"

Answer would be NO and in the description box I will add some explanation.

bertuzzist
Newly Registered
Aruba

Post by bertuzzist » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:30 pm

hi seank, what did you do in the end? I am in the same position!