ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for british passport by jamaican with ILR on spo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

reddread
Newly Registered

Application for british passport by jamaican with ILR on spo

Post by reddread » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi my husband who is Jamaican born received his ILR as a spouse a year ago. Can he now apply for a british passport. Also we want to travel to the US in June what would the visa requirements be for him.
I'd be really grateful for some advice as there is sooo much info but still cant work it out

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Application for british passport by jamaican with ILR on

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:17 am

He would need to apply to naturalise before applying for a British Passport.

See also, Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ouflak1

Re: Application for british passport by jamaican with ILR on

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:37 am

reddread wrote:Hi my husband who is Jamaican born received his ILR as a spouse a year ago. Can he now apply for a british passport. Also we want to travel to the US in June what would the visa requirements be for him.
I'd be really grateful for some advice as there is sooo much info but still cant work it out
Since it seems unlikely that he will have acquired British citizenship, much less a passport, by June he will have to meet the normal visa requirements for Jamaicans traveling to the United States.