ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application more than 6 weeks no response

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

melody76
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Passport application more than 6 weeks no response

Post by melody76 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:40 pm

Hi, I got my citizenship 7th December and applied for passport at the same day. Documents sent 12th December and HMPO received my documents on 22nd December (according to the website) in Hemel Hampstead. It has been 6 weeks and no more update at all. Does anyone else in same situation? How long the passport normally take? I contact them several times, but no response. Hmpo might lost my documents.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Passport application more than 6 weeks no response

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:36 pm

melody76 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:40 pm
Hi, I got my citizenship 7th December and applied for passport at the same day. Documents sent 12th December and HMPO received my documents on 22nd December (according to the website) in Hemel Hampstead. It has been 6 weeks and no more update at all. Does anyone else in same situation? How long the passport normally take? I contact them several times, but no response. Hmpo might lost my documents.
Did you send your documents through a registered mail?

You can follow the timelines below.
british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... n#p2101793
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!