ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the first British passport with certified copy of foreign passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ts531
Bangladesh

Applying for the first British passport with certified copy of foreign passport

Post by ts531 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 pm

Is it possible to apply for the first British passport with certified copy of foreign passport? I have the passport which was used to enter UK for which I can submit the original copy; but my current foreign passport is needed for an urgent travel in August. Can I just submit the naturalisation certificate and the older passport with the certified copy of the current foreign passport?

Many thanks for your suggestions!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for the first British passport with certified copy of foreign passport

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:20 am

ts531 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 pm
Is it possible to apply for the first British passport with certified copy of foreign passport? I have the passport which was used to enter UK for which I can submit the original copy; but my current foreign passport is needed for an urgent travel in August. Can I just submit the naturalisation certificate and the older passport with the certified copy of the current foreign passport?

Many thanks for your suggestions!
The Original is what is required for you to submit.

vinny

Re: Applying for the first British passport with certified copy of foreign passport

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:30 am

Documents you need to send us, including photos
We may contact you for more information if you don’t provide original documents.

Once we have considered your application, we may still need to ask you for more information.
Include all pages of a foreign passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ts531
Bangladesh

Post by ts531 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:18 am

Thank you both for your replies. Vinny, I am confused what you meant by: “Include all pages of a foreign passport”. How is it possible to include partial copies of an original passport? Or, have I misunderstood? Do you mean I can send a certified copy?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:01 am

I think you should copy all pages of the passport, even blank pages without any stamps. 4 passport pages per one side of an A4 paper.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Winnie271
Newly Registered

Post by Winnie271 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:17 pm

ts531 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:18 am
Thank you both for your replies. Vinny, I am confused what you meant by: “Include all pages of a foreign passport”. How is it possible to include partial copies of an original passport? Or, have I misunderstood? Do you mean I can send a certified copy?
Hi ts531,
Do you mind to keep us posted on your passport application result (by providing the copies of passport only)? I intend to do the same shortly after the ceremony as I need to use the passport for business travel. Thank you very much.

Winnie271
Newly Registered

Post by Winnie271 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:17 pm

ts531 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:18 am
Hi ts531,
Do you mind to keep us posted on your passport application result (by providing the copies of passport only)? I intend to do the same shortly after the ceremony as I need to use the passport for business travel. Thank you very much.

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by IAmNullPointer » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:00 pm

I believe they require your passport to make sure the name match. If I could revert the time I would have send an old expired passport and keep my current one. Or do just that, a certified copy. I don't think they look too much into it if you just got your naturalisation certificate as they assume your identity and details have been recently verified.

ts531
Bangladesh

Post by ts531 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:23 am

Hi all,

I will keep you posted. I have sent my children's documents to the passport office, but not mine as I need to travel.

IAmNullPointer, are you sure an expired passport will do?

tiknird1

Post by tiknird1 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:52 pm

Two or three people on another immigration forum recently reported that they successfully applied for their first British passport with only scans of their current passport and original copy of expired passport, and also attached a short cover letter explaining why they were not able to submit the original document (e.g. business travel or family member being ill).

ts531
Bangladesh

Post by ts531 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:10 pm

Hello tiknird1, thank you for your response. I have actually sent my documents today as I still have 7 weeks until my travel. I have spoken to the passport office and they have suggested me to contact them two weeks before my travel so that they can take action accordingly.