ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2013 - Naturalisation application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

dial2all
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am
Contact:

MN1

Post by dial2all » Thu May 16, 2013 11:22 am

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3) 3 children's
fee paid £1130 old fee.
Method of application:myself- POST - 05/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07/04/2013
Date of debit of fees: 16/04/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 19/04/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 16/05/2013 ( Dated on 14/05/2013)
Date of receipt of documents: 16/05/2013
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Waiting

Mblay
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:17 am

Got an approval today

Post by Mblay » Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2YRS SPOUSE OF BC + 8MONTHS ILR
Method of application: Postal (SD + RETURN PREPAID SD)
Date of application :03/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 12/04/2013 dated 10.04.2013
Date of debit of fees: 10/04/2013
Date of approval: 13/05/2013;Received on 16/05/2013
Date of Ceremony: 22/05/2013 (group ceremony)... Heron House, Manchester city council

Called the council and was advised they havnt received my certificate yet so Lady took my number and said will call me when they get it, I got a call after abt 4hrs and she said they have just received my certificate and next group ceremony was next wednesday, was really pleased... sometimes its good to call the council eventhough it says in the approval letter not to till u recieve invitation letter
Last edited by Mblay on Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raheelmulla
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by raheelmulla » Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Has anyone book ceremony at newham town hall

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Got an approval today

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 am

Mblay wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2YRS SPOUSE OF BC + 8MONTHS ILR
Method of application: Postal (SD + RETURN PREPAID SD)
Date of application :03/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 12/04/2013 dated 10.04.2013
Date of debit of fees: 10/04/2013
Date of approval: 13/05/2013;Received on 16/05/2013
Date of Ceremony: Yet to book
Did they return just your original documents in SD or they they post approval too with SD?

Mblay
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:17 am

Re: Got an approval today

Post by Mblay » Fri May 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
Mblay wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2YRS SPOUSE OF BC + 8MONTHS ILR
Method of application: Postal (SD + RETURN PREPAID SD)
Date of application :03/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 12/04/2013 dated 10.04.2013
Date of debit of fees: 10/04/2013
Date of approval: 13/05/2013;Received on 16/05/2013
Date of Ceremony: Yet to book
Did they return just your original documents in SD or they they post approval too with SD?
all documents were posted together includng approval letter in the SD self addressed post.

friendandenemy
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by friendandenemy » Fri May 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yr+1yr ILR and Child under section 3(1)
Method of application: NCS Reading
Date of application: 03/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 13/04/2013
Date of debit of fees: 12/04/2013
Date of approval: received 25/06/2013(dated 20/06/2013 on letter)
Date of Ceremony: private ceremony booked for 26/06/2013. No group booking available until 11th september in wokingham council

thanks to everyone and all the best for remaining guys who are waiting



thanks
Last edited by friendandenemy on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drzeevoh73
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:16 am

Post by drzeevoh73 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi Guys,
Anyone from early April still waiting??
I applied through NCS Manchester on 02/04/2013. Still waiting. :(
Getting bit nervous watching quite a few from early April got their approval.

Thanks.

tushars
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Waiting for approval

Post by tushars » Fri May 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yr(HSMP+Tier1)+1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Ealing
Date of application: 15/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 18/04/2013
Date of debit of fees: 18/04/2013
Date of approval: Awaiting..

Aborigine
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Aborigine » Fri May 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Hello Boys and Girls AND GRAND FINALE

Eligibility criteria: Married to A British citizen 2 Years + 1 Year ILR
Method of application: Post (Special Delivery + Special delivery return)
Date of application: 02/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/04/2013 (I checked Royal Mail website and tracked the number)
Date of debit of fees: 10/04/2013 (I checked my bank account online)
Date of acknowledgement : 12/04/2013 (A Letter came to my residential address confirming debit of fees , Application form and my documents received by UKBA )
Return of documents: 10/05/2013
Date of approval: 10/05/2013 (All my documents came in the same envelope along with the approval letter)
Date of invitation letter : 17/05/2013 (Dated 09/05/2012)
Date of Ceremony: 20/05/2013

As soon as i received my invitation letter this morning i arranged a private ceremony .

Thank you once again guys , you shared everything and i learned alot from this forum .
End of my story guys if you have any questions i am happy to help.

Zorowah
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:16 am

April 2013- naturalisation application timeline

Post by Zorowah » Sat May 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Eligibility criteria- 10years+1yr ILR
Method of application- NCS
Date of application- 03/04/2013
Date of receipt by ukba- 04/04/2013
Date of debit of fees- 11/04/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement- 13/04/2013 dated 11/04/2013
Date of receipt of approval- 18/05/2013 dated 08/05/2013
Date of ceremony- 25/06/2013

dial2all
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am
Contact:

MN1

Post by dial2all » Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Eligibility criteria: section 1(3) 3 children's
fee paid £1130 old fee.
Method of application:myself- POST - 05/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07/04/2013
Date of debit of fees: 16/04/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 19/04/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 16/05/2013 ( Dated on 14/05/2013)
Date of receipt of documents: 16/05/2013
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 3 of 2 received on 18/05/2013 and 3 of 3 received on 20/05/2013

tonystar
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 1:41 am

naturalization

Post by tonystar » Tue May 21, 2013 1:00 am

awdrys1 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 years residency
Method of application: postal(payment send by cheque)
Date of application: 02/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: n/a
Date of acknowledgement : n/a
Date of debit of fees: 18/04/2013
Date of approval: 17/05/2013
Date of Ceremony:
hi mate,
plz can u tell me which documents u send for naturalization, i got ilr after 10year long residence, can i apply after ilr straight way or wait one year,
i dont hv any visit out of uk last six year,
thanks

awdrys1
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: naturalization

Post by awdrys1 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:01 am

tonystar wrote:
awdrys1 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 years residency
Method of application: postal(payment send by cheque)
Date of application: 02/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: n/a
Date of acknowledgement : n/a
Date of debit of fees: 18/04/2013
Date of approval: 17/05/2013
Date of Ceremony:
hi mate,
plz can u tell me which documents u send for naturalization, i got ilr after 10year long residence, can i apply after ilr straight way or wait one year,
i dont hv any visit out of uk last six year,
thanks
you have to wait for a year i mean after ilr
document are passport,ilr letter,life in uk certificate and payment

onceblue
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by onceblue » Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 am

onceblue wrote:Eligibility criteria: 1.5 WP + 3.5 T1G+1 ILR
Method of application: NCS Wokingham
Date of application: 18/4/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19/4/13
Date of acknowledgement : recvd 29/4/13 (dated 24/4/13)
Date of debit of fees: 24/4/13
Date of approval: n/a
Date of Ceremony:n/a
People submitted application during early of April are getting responses now. It seems that the processing timeline has been stuck at mid of April for a long time.

psb
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:25 am

Post by psb » Tue May 21, 2013 11:08 am

It is still too early for applications submitted in mid April. It takes an average 6 weeks from the time the application is received.

There are two bank holidays in May and employees tend to take a long weekend. If some have Friday off, that is 4 working days less in May, almost a week.

tushars
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:01 pm

April applications running late

Post by tushars » Tue May 21, 2013 12:39 pm

psb wrote:It is still too early for applications submitted in mid April. It takes an average 6 weeks from the time the application is received.

There are two bank holidays in May and employees tend to take a long weekend. If some have Friday off, that is 4 working days less in May, almost a week.
You are right, i think thats what's causing the delays.
Although for us applicants, unfortunately we cannot stop thinking about it , even on bank Holidays :(

legalalien
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by legalalien » Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 am

Agree, plus Easter bank holiday in March must have also contributed to backlog of work. End of May bank holiday coincides with half term so i wont be surprised to see further delays as people tend to take the whole week off to spend time with families.

I think this is further compounded by the PCS union strike on the 16th to the 19th of April http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /28-strike although I am not sure whether this had a direct impact on the Naturalisation section of UKBA.

I have applied in May so I wont expect anything back before the end of June

tonystar
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 1:41 am

Re: naturalization

Post by tonystar » Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

awdrys1 wrote:
tonystar wrote:
awdrys1 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 years residency
Method of application: postal(payment send by cheque)
Date of application: 02/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: n/a
Date of acknowledgement : n/a
Date of debit of fees: 18/04/2013
Date of approval: 17/05/2013
Date of Ceremony:
hi mate,
plz can u tell me which documents u send for naturalization, i got ilr after 10year long residence, can i apply after ilr straight way or wait one year,
i dont hv any visit out of uk last six year,
thanks
you have to wait for a year i mean after ilr
document are passport,ilr letter,life in uk certificate and payment
thanks brother
no any other requirement
and wht abt kids my kids born here , and i can apply registration straight way after my ilr or wait for my naturalization,
cheers thanks

onceblue
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by onceblue » Fri May 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Guys, is there any update?

awdrys1
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: naturalization

Post by awdrys1 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:23 am

tonystar wrote:
awdrys1 wrote:
tonystar wrote:
awdrys1 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 years residency
Method of application: postal(payment send by cheque)
Date of application: 02/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: n/a
Date of acknowledgement : n/a
Date of debit of fees: 18/04/2013
Date of approval: 17/05/2013
Date of Ceremony:
hi mate,
plz can u tell me which documents u send for naturalization, i got ilr after 10year long residence, can i apply after ilr straight way or wait one year,
i dont hv any visit out of uk last six year,
thanks
you have to wait for a year i mean after ilr
document are passport,ilr letter,life in uk certificate and payment
thanks brother
no any other requirement
and wht abt kids my kids born here , and i can apply registration straight way after my ilr or wait for my naturalization,
cheers thanks
yes you can apply straight after your ilr for mn1

Locked
cron