ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

venky55555

Baby citizenship application

Post by venky55555 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:45 am

Hi Everyone,

I am asking behalf of my friend.
My friend baby born here in uk. When he is born my friend has tier 2 visa. On emergency baby and his wife and my friend went to India. My friend came back to UK and applied for ILR and he granted few days ago.

Now he is think to registering his baby as a British citizen.

Can he apply from UK.

When trying to fill the MN1 application form the first question is asked as are you staying in UK(Yes/No)

So we are thinking to fill it as NO( because baby in India)fill the application book the appointment in Indian VFS location is it okay ??

vinny

Re: Baby citizenship application

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 am

I think that's correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

venky55555

Post by venky55555 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:11 pm

After filling for appointments do we have to select Indian vfs offices ??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:18 pm

venky55555 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:11 pm
After filling for appointments do we have to select Indian vfs offices ??
Your child will have to attend biometrics in India with an accompanying adult. Follow the instructions as stated in the form/checklist. Answer the first question accurately as child is outside UK.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

venky55555

Post by venky55555 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:28 am

I have a quick question while filling the mn1 form

Baby is india

Question is
Do you live in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory?

Should I say yes??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:26 am

Baby is the applicant. You have to answer accordingly. You are applying on baby’s behalf but answer questions from baby’s perspective. So it is clear that baby is India and answer will be NO.

PS: I do not have sight to the form and assuming that question appeared in the baby’s section and not any parent/guardian etc. If so, answer accordingly.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.