ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby under 1 also need referee?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rodvmu

Baby under 1 also need referee?

Post by rodvmu » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 am

Hi all,

For a 6 months old baby born in the UK, whose parents acquired ILR after she was born, will she also need referees for her citizenship application?

She's too young hasn't started going to nursery yet, so finding one that fits the criteria would be tricky.

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Baby under 1 also need referee?

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm

Yes. One referee has to be someone who has known the baby in a professional capacity for example, health visitor, minister of religion etc.
HO is very lenient when it comes to referees in case of young children.
Try contacting the health visitor. She will most probably refuse.
Add a cover letter and explain that the same. It is more understandable that parent(s) can not be chasing health visitors, GPs etc in corona.
Arrange referees as per the adult criteria then. No issue.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

PS: I applied for my daughter when she was 3 months old. I managed to get a reference from the minister of religion. But if you can not get one, follow as stated above. You will not have any issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm
Yes. One referee has to be someone who has known the baby in a professional capacity for example, health visitor, minister of religion etc.
Add a cover letter and explain that the same. It is more understandable that parent(s) can not be chasing health visitors, GPs etc in corona.

PS: I applied for my daughter when she was 3 months old. I managed to get a reference from the minister of religion. But if you can not get one, follow as stated above. You will not have any issues.
Sorry for commenting on someone else's post, I am in a pretty similar situation my child is 3, GP has formally declined via email, and nursey teacher can only sign the referee form but wont give the details. what I plan is to arrange as per adult criteria and submit email from GP and signed form from the teacher, but enter the details of other referees in the online application. Do you think this should be ok? and off course explain this in application.

rodvmu

Post by rodvmu » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm

On a slightly different note, if for the reasons outlined above I'll just use referees as the normal adult application. So if I'm applying for citizenship along with my kid, can we just use the same referees then?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:00 pm

rodvmu wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm
On a slightly different note, if for the reasons outlined above I'll just use referees as the normal adult application. So if I'm applying for citizenship along with my kid, can we just use the same referees then?
Yes
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:02 pm

saliame wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:14 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm

Sorry for commenting on someone else's post, I am in a pretty similar situation my child is 3, GP has formally declined via email, and nursey teacher can only sign the referee form but wont give the details. what I plan is to arrange as per adult criteria and submit email from GP and signed form from the teacher, but enter the details of other referees in the online application. Do you think this should be ok? and off course explain this in application.
It is not advisable to disclose GP detail’s to HO without consent (you can state proof can be submitted on request). You can simply explain in the cover letter. No letter evidence is asked. As I said, HO is very lenient with referees in case of young children.

PS: Please keep your future questions in your own thread.