ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application date and tax late filing penalty

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gala7
Newly Registered
Germany

BC application date and tax late filing penalty

Post by gala7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the process of preparing my BC application. As way of background, I am a EU citizen and have received my PR based on my presence in the UK for 5 years on 3rd Feb 2018 (this is the date the letter I have received with my PR card states).

Since I am done with filling out my online application and gathering all supporting documents, I am wondering when I can actually hit "submit" on my online application. Is my understanding correct that I can submit my application on 2nd Feb 2018 or do I have to wait until the 3rd? For reference, I have been physically in the UK on 2nd to 4th Feb 2014.

Also, I have received a HMRC penalty for late filing of taxes in the tax year 2014, which I have paid. Do I have to disclose this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Springie

Re: BC application date and tax late filing penalty

Post by Springie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi gala7,

People usually advise here to disclose everything if you're in doubt. However, I had a late tax payment penalty too, I didn't disclose it and my application was approved just fine. My justification for it was that the late tax penalty didn't fit any of the fines and penalties they asked to disclose.

I'll leave the dates question to someone who understands dates better than me.

Hope this helps.