ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Application system Error

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Template

Question on BC application

Post by Template » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:10 pm

Dear Seniors

As i am filing the application for BC there for employment details:
I am director of 2 companies. I added my 1st company employment, i am director from Aug 2014. It does not ask end date its good.
The next question. Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?
As i add my 2nd company i am director from Nov 2014. I am filling the online form its asking me an end date. But i am still the director in this company, There is no end date.
Unless i give the end date it says incomplete and does not take me to the next step. Please what should I do?
If I dont write the 2nd company it might be deception.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Question on BC application

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Template wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:10 pm
Dear Seniors

As i am filing the application for BC there for employment details:
I am director of 2 companies. I added my 1st company employment, i am director from Aug 2014. It does not ask end date its good.
The next question. Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?
As i add my 2nd company i am director from Nov 2014. I am filling the online form its asking me an end date. But i am still the director in this company, There is no end date.
Unless i give the end date it says incomplete and does not take me to the next step. Please what should I do?
If I dont write the 2nd company it might be deception.
Add it in the cover letter OR space provided at the end of online application form.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Template

Post by Template » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 pm

Thanx Cullinan, but what should I write in the end date place please?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 pm

Template wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 pm
Thanx Cullinan, but what should I write in the end date place please?
I would simply add today’s date to bypass and explain in the additional notes/cover letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Template

Post by Template » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:30 pm

A question about the normal referee, not a professional one. I have a neighbor who is 80 years of age. Can I write his name, 2nd referee and as Family Friend.

Template

Post by Template » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:30 pm

A question about the normal referee, not a professional one. I have a neighbor who is 80 years of age. Can I write his name, 2nd referee and as Family Friend.

Template

Post by Template » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:39 pm

A question about the normal referee, not a professional one. I have a neighbor who is 80 years of age. Can I write his name, 2nd referee and as Family Friend. A senior citizen can also be referee?

Template

Post by Template » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:40 pm

A question about the normal referee, not a professional one. I have a neighbor who is 80 years of age. Can I write his name, 2nd referee and as Family Friend. A senior citizen can also be referee in this case age not a problem?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Yes - If neighbour has known you for more than three years.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:42 pm

Anyone over the age of 25 who is British can be your non professional referee!

It would be age discrimination if an pensioner is excluded!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Template

Post by Template » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Yes he knows me and my family 4 dependants for the last 6 years and we all will write his name

Template

Referee form after paying completing BC Application

Post by Template » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:26 am

Dear Cr001
I paid today and completed my BC application. I am sharing the referee declaration form in the link below for both referees. Its the same for both.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/re ... db9015b8ee

Q1. I have 5 applications myself and 4 dependants. So we have 10 forms to be signed by 2 referees . Do both the referees need to sign the same form for each applicant? There is no complete detail of referees as we filled in the application on this form.

Q2. We glue one photo on the place shown where do we put the second photo? There is no place on the form.

Q3. Clicking Book appointment, take you to UKVCAS website and there is no appointments available. So we just wait for them? When will we get confirmation for Home office if our old Biometrics are ok to use please?

Q4. I have applied also for 2 dependant under 18 yrs, for them there were no questions in the application for the details when they applied for their visas extensions, biometrics given dates insdie UK. As we adults write all the details in the applications, when we applied for extensions when biometrics given etc, so they can pick our biometrics from the dates.
Q5. We cannot at this stage upload our supporting Docs and If they use our old biometrics where shall we uploads them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee form after paying completing BC Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 am

Topics merged!!
Q1. I have 5 applications myself and 4 dependants. So we have 10 forms to be signed by 2 referees . Do both the referees need to sign the same form for each applicant? There is no complete detail of referees as we filled in the application on this form.
Presumably yes.
Q2. We glue one photo on the place shown where do we put the second photo? There is no place on the form.
You need TWO forms with a photo on each form. One form for EACH referee to sign.
Q3. Clicking Book appointment, take you to UKVCAS website and there is no appointments available. So we just wait for them? When will we get confirmation for Home office if our old Biometrics are ok to use please?
You need to wait for further instructions. UKCVAS is dealing with the backlog of applications first.
Q4. I have applied also for 2 dependant under 18 yrs, for them there were no questions in the application for the details when they applied for their visas extensions, biometrics given dates insdie UK. As we adults write all the details in the applications, when we applied for extensions when biometrics given etc, so they can pick our biometrics from the dates.
Don't worry about this.
Q5. We cannot at this stage upload our supporting Docs and If they use our old biometrics where shall we uploads them.
Why can't you upload your documents?? Nothing is preventing you from uploading your documents onto the UKCVAS portal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Template

Post by Template » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks CR001 for the promt answers to my questions, OK Great i have got on UKVCAS where to upload docs.

Now if you read the Referee declaration form he is declaring also.

That, to the best of my knowledge, the details of the applicant given in this application are correct.
• That my details as a referee given in this application are correct.

The Refrees has not seen all the applications, his and applicants details. Do we need to print all the applications and show him? or UKBA will email him the applications because they have his email address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:59 am

Do we need to print all the applications and show him? or UKBA will email him the applications because they have his email address.
No and No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Template

Post by Template » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:36 pm

Thankyou very much Cr001 You are great.

Template

BC Application system Error

Post by Template » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 pm

Dear CR001

I submitted for my British Citizenship application on 30 July 2020 at 12:04 AM,. My fees deducted at on 30th July after 2 minutes. I received the UKVI confirmation Email on 30th July at 12:07 AM for the payment confirmation. However, there is a mistake in their email, its showing Payment successful
Date: 29 Jul 2020. This is a mistake from their system, as i made the payment on 30th July 12:06 AM. Can you please advise now what should i do, as I am applying one year after my ILR which is issued on 29 July 2019. This mistake payment success on the 29 July date might reject my application, as the payment should have been made on 30th July.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: BC Application system Error

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:32 pm

Template wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 pm
Dear CR001

I submitted for my British Citizenship application on 30 July 2020 at 12:04 AM,. My fees deducted at on 30th July after 2 minutes. I received the UKVI confirmation Email on 30th July at 12:07 AM for the payment confirmation. However, there is a mistake in their email, its showing Payment successful
Date: 29 Jul 2020. This is a mistake from their system, as i made the payment on 30th July 12:06 AM. Can you please advise now what should i do, as I am applying one year after my ILR which is issued on 29 July 2019. This mistake payment success on the 29 July date might reject my application, as the payment should have been made on 30th July.
What is the timezone quoted on the payment confirmation? I recall reading a similar situation previously on the forum. Probably the UKVI website follows the GMT and we are in BST!

So you made a payment on 1206 BST 30th July
But that was 2306 GMT 29th July

P.S If you ILR was issued on 29th July 2019, your one year completes on 28th July 2020. So even if date of application is considered 29th July, you are fine.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:40 pm

The UKVI payment follows GMT.
I remember when I applied on 22nd June I made sure I apply after 1am and not 12 midnight. Just due to being caught up in in the GMT zone! But your fine.

What is the date of application on your PDF form? Check on the top?

You are fine anyways but if you wish you can clarify this in the cover letter.

Template

Post by Template » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:49 am

Dear Cullinan,
A very valid point Thanx Mate. I just checked PDF of all 5 applications and it says:DATE OF APPLICATION: 30 July 2020 00:07 British Summer Time (BST)
So its fine i guess.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:39 pm

Template wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:49 am
Dear Cullinan,
A very valid point Thanx Mate. I just checked PDF of all 5 applications and it says:DATE OF APPLICATION: 30 July 2020 00:07 British Summer Time (BST)
So its fine i guess.
As long as the PDF says the above, ignore the payment confirmation date, as its time is not updated on BST.

Template

When the IDV App will be available? Any Idea?

Post by Template » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Thanx mate, I received an email yesterday that UKVI will reuse my finger prints saying: Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point. UKVI have confirmed that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided. Any idea when we will get this App? Did any one use it?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: When the IDV App will be available? Any Idea?

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:28 pm

Template wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 pm
Thanx mate, I received an email yesterday that UKVI will reuse my finger prints saying: Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point. UKVI have confirmed that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided. Any idea when we will get this App? Did any one use it?
Follow the following for similar queries:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1920964