Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
I request you to please read Q5 in this link. Good luck.monochrome.dreams wrote:Hi all
I thought I would share my recent experience with UKVI helpline and NCS advisors with you which goes to show how incompetent some of the staff are (not necessary their fault) and how confusing and conflicting answers they can provide (often referring you further to each other) to a seemingly simple query like mine below. I am not angry just frustrated that I have already spent £400 on consultation, spent long hours on the phone and writing enquiries and have nowhere further to go.
Also, this is not a rant neither I am expecting replies or suggestions, I am already beyond the point to believe anyone other than the caseworker him/herself
Here goes my question I thought it is simple enough but even UKVI floor managers in Newcastle had different takes on it.
I am an EU citizen holding a Permanent Residency card wishing to apply for British. Due to change in circumstances I would like to submit my application before 12 months counted from the issue date of the PR card. I have been residing in the UK for more than 7 years and can demonstrate that I have exercised EU treaty rights for 6 years. I meet all the relevant criteria and hold all the required documents too. I understand that I can apply for citizenship before 12 months counted from the issue date of the PR card but what I am uncertain of is the length of the period of exercising Treaty Rights I need to support (6, 5 or none?) and whether or not I need to include the PR card or perhaps mention in a cover letter that I already have one and explain that I am why I applying earlier than the 12 months period. This is my timeline
Aug 2007 – moved to the UK
Sep 2009 – started exercising EU treaty rights
Nov 2014 – applied for PR based on period Sep 2009 – Nov 2014
Dec 2014 – PR received
And here are the replies I received:
1. Can apply in Sep 2015 submitting the PR card only as entitlement to PR + 12 months residency what counts NOT the issue date of the PR (as argued by one of the UKVI floor managers)
2. Can apply in Sep 2015 but would need to submit evidence of exercising EU treaty rights for 6 years and cannot include the PR card. (as argued by most NCS advisors – I phoned at least 10 branches)
3. Can apply in Sep 2015 but would need to resubmit proof of exercising Treaty Rights from Sep 2009 – Sep 2014 to cover 5 years and the PR card (as argued by the other floor manager)
4. Can apply in Sep 2015 but would need to need to submit evidence of exercising Treaty Rights from Sep 2009 until Dec 2014 and include the PR card (one NCS advisor)
5. I cannot apply until Dec 2015. (some NCS advisors)
I am just now standing here scratching my head but smiling
Thank you for your comments and thoughts and wish you the very best of luck with your applications!
So you probably realised that it is (3).monochrome.dreams wrote:Hi yes I already checked the FAQ just wanted to have a confirmation from UKVI/NCS. Best regards
worked but (even though I had a wrs certificate) I failed to register the 2nd employer (was within the 12th month) for the WRS scheme so those year will not count.vinny wrote:What did you do between August 2007 and Sept 2009?
Jambo,Jambo wrote:So you probably realised that it is (3).monochrome.dreams wrote:Hi yes I already checked the FAQ just wanted to have a confirmation from UKVI/NCS. Best regards
If you have a PR card, then no. Otherwise its all previous five year's EU work/Insurance etc related documents. I was not from EU myself so I'd await further replies though.monochrome.dreams wrote:And I don't need to provide evidence for the 6th year, do I?