ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best council in London for ceremony?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yellowbeard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Best council in London for ceremony?

Post by yellowbeard » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:53 am

Hello,
I am completing the application now and I can select any council for the ceremony, not just the one I am currently living in. I live in Tower Hamlets in London but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what council would be the best for the ceremony in terms of timelines/responsiveness/experience.

Thanks in advance!

travel_master
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Best council in London for ceremony?

Post by travel_master » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:46 pm

It usually is, your local council.
I live in Brent. My application for naturalisation was approved on 31 March via email. They asked me to contact my local council. I called them after long Easter weekend on 6 April. My ceremony is now booked for 26 May at Brent Civic Centre, which is quite reasonable, seeing other applicants who have been waiting for months in other London boroughs.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:21 pm

If people on these forums do recommend specific councils, it is possible that others reading the forums will likely start naming that same council in their application forms. Thus, three to six months down the line, that particular council will be inundated with citizenship ceremony requests and their hitherto stellar performance will likely take a hit.

I agree with @travel_master , go with your local council or the council of your workplace (i.e. a council that you have a connection with).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Also even if you name a different council, many times the certificate is still sent to your local council. At that point, you will be chasing two councils figuring out what is happening. Best is to stick with your local council to avoid hiccups as others said above.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

yellowbeard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by yellowbeard » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:54 am

Thanks everyone, I’ll stick with my local council :)