ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:04 am

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by hgvhgvh » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:12 am

Pazol Azel wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:18 pm
Also, from yesterday's update:

Returning to normal booking processes

We’re making changes to our systems this weekend so we can return to normal booking processes. These
changes will enable us to offer appointments to customers who have not previously booked with us.
Customers who have had access to the online booking system up to the 20th June have
been sent an email (to their registered email address) explaining what this means for them and outlining
next steps
.

Please check your email inbox as this explains the impact on you in more detail. The email subject line is;
Upcoming changes – book your appointment now’ or ‘UKVCAS -limited re-opening in Devolved
Administrations
’.


I have had access to the booking system up to the 20th June and I have not been sent any email... :?
Same here, I applied and accessed the UKVCAS system about 2 weeks ago and not received any email explaining what this means for me and outlining next steps.

otuel
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:59 pm
Poland

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by otuel » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:52 am

Same here.

I registered with UKVCAS on 3th of April 2020 and since then, except registration confirmation, I have not received any e-mails from them.

deoliveira
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:15 pm
Portugal

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by deoliveira » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:05 pm

hgvhgvh wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:12 am
Pazol Azel wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:18 pm
Also, from yesterday's update:

Returning to normal booking processes

We’re making changes to our systems this weekend so we can return to normal booking processes. These
changes will enable us to offer appointments to customers who have not previously booked with us.
Customers who have had access to the online booking system up to the 20th June have
been sent an email (to their registered email address) explaining what this means for them and outlining
next steps
.

Please check your email inbox as this explains the impact on you in more detail. The email subject line is;
Upcoming changes – book your appointment now’ or ‘UKVCAS -limited re-opening in Devolved
Administrations
’.


I have had access to the booking system up to the 20th June and I have not been sent any email... :?
Same here, I applied and accessed the UKVCAS system about 2 weeks ago and not received any email explaining what this means for me and outlining next steps.
That is what has been so frustrating for me. I applied last week but found myself to have literally scoured information from different forums to find out what is going on. The flash updates on UKVCAS are nowhere as nearly helpful as they could have been.

Imane
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:17 am
Morocco

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Imane » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi, did anyone here recently attended a biometric appointment in Leeds?
I just want to know how long the whole process takes because I’m traveling by train coming from another city and I will have to pick my daughter from nursery when I’m back. I just don’t want to be in a position where they keep us hanging there waiting for long hours... anyone please to share their experience at Leeds centre? Thank you.

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:04 am

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by hgvhgvh » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:03 am

Anyone managed to book a UKVCAS appointment today after midnight? it seems the servers were returning errors

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:15 pm
Italy

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am

hgvhgvh wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:03 am
Anyone managed to book a UKVCAS appointment today after midnight? it seems the servers were returning errors
Right after midnight the servers were very unstable and it was impossible to do anything. (Perhaps too many people trying?) Anyway, it seems stable now, but I don't see any of the recently re-opened service points anywhere (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249). All I can see are the old service points, all fully booked.

londuk1
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 pm
Mood:
Greece

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by londuk1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:36 am

VulgarisMagistralis wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am
hgvhgvh wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:03 am
Anyone managed to book a UKVCAS appointment today after midnight? it seems the servers were returning errors
Right after midnight the servers were very unstable and it was impossible to do anything. (Perhaps too many people trying?) Anyway, it seems stable now, but I don't see any of the recently re-opened service points anywhere (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249). All I can see are the old service points, all fully booked.
Did you receive an email that you can book? I think the system will open gradually to people depending on when they applied.

Cost Manager
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:49 am

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 am

What sort of email is that? Do you need to receive an email in order to book?

Cost Manager
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:49 am

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 am

There are no appointments available whatsoever. I am trying since 7 am in the morning. I guess we need to wait till further announcement

londuk1
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 pm
Mood:
Greece

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by londuk1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 am

Cost Manager wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 am
What sort of email is that? Do you need to receive an email in order to book?
According to the message on their website yes.

Unable to register/book an appointment?

We're trying to be as fair as possible, opening up the booking system to more people in phases based on registration dates, starting with the earliest registrations first. We are committed to opening our booking system to as many customers as possible as soon as we can. Once we reach the date you registered, you will receive an email inviting you to book an appointment.

Blessyou123456
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:31 am
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Blessyou123456 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Can anyone tell me when home office super priority/ premium service will open? Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79896
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Blessyou123456 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:02 pm
Can anyone tell me when home office super priority/ premium service will open? Thanks
You have posted in the British Citizenship sub forum, which is not relevant to the super priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swagill
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:58 pm
Mood:
Brunei

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by swagill » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm

I have submitted application for naturalisation on 1st of June. As far as I can assess biometric appointment for me could be delay beyond August/Sept .

My question is : Can I travel outside UK for two weeks and book my biometric appointment once I return back? or I can’t?

I know that for naturalisation application once biometric are submitted one can travel outside UK but how about someone travel outside before biometric and upon arrival schedule biometric appointment accordingly.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79896
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm

swagill wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm
I have submitted application for naturalisation on 1st of June. As far as I can assess biometric appointment for me could be delay beyond August/Sept .

My question is : Can I travel outside UK for two weeks and book my biometric appointment once I return back? or I can’t?

I know that for naturalisation application once biometric are submitted one can travel outside UK but how about someone travel outside before biometric and upon arrival schedule biometric appointment accordingly.
You are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:04 am

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by hgvhgvh » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm
swagill wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm
I have submitted application for naturalisation on 1st of June. As far as I can assess biometric appointment for me could be delay beyond August/Sept .

My question is : Can I travel outside UK for two weeks and book my biometric appointment once I return back? or I can’t?

I know that for naturalisation application once biometric are submitted one can travel outside UK but how about someone travel outside before biometric and upon arrival schedule biometric appointment accordingly.
You are free to travel.
Shall he declare such extra trips in his UKVCAS "upload document" session while waiting for the biometric appointment?

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4197
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:26 pm

hgvhgvh wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:19 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm
swagill wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm
I have submitted application for naturalisation on 1st of June. As far as I can assess biometric appointment for me could be delay beyond August/Sept .

My question is : Can I travel outside UK for two weeks and book my biometric appointment once I return back? or I can’t?

I know that for naturalisation application once biometric are submitted one can travel outside UK but how about someone travel outside before biometric and upon arrival schedule biometric appointment accordingly.
You are free to travel.
Shall he declare such extra trips in his UKVCAS "upload document" session while waiting for the biometric appointment?
No - your application date is the day you submit/pay - NOT the biometrics appointment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

grosvenorave
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by grosvenorave » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Cost Manager wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 am
There are no appointments available whatsoever. I am trying since 7 am in the morning. I guess we need to wait till further announcement
There already was an announcement, which you didn't read fully. Appointments will be made available in the order of application date, i.e. if you sent your application in early April you'll be able to book an appointment soon, but if you submitted last week you'll wait for awhile. That's the gist of it anyway.

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:04 am

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by hgvhgvh » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:52 pm

grosvenorave wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:42 pm
Cost Manager wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 am
There are no appointments available whatsoever. I am trying since 7 am in the morning. I guess we need to wait till further announcement
There already was an announcement, which you didn't read fully. Appointments will be made available in the order of application date, i.e. if you sent your application in early April you'll be able to book an appointment soon, but if you submitted last week you'll wait for awhile. That's the gist of it anyway.
To be honest I think the announcement of June 19th was changed overnight. Initially it was pretty confusing, now they have amended it and it seems to make more sense indeed.

adatitan
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:49 pm
Iran

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by adatitan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm
swagill wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm
I have submitted application for naturalisation on 1st of June. As far as I can assess biometric appointment for me could be delay beyond August/Sept .

My question is : Can I travel outside UK for two weeks and book my biometric appointment once I return back? or I can’t?

I know that for naturalisation application once biometric are submitted one can travel outside UK but how about someone travel outside before biometric and upon arrival schedule biometric appointment accordingly.
You are free to travel.
I have an appointment for naturalisation very soon. My question is can I travel overseas after attending the biometrics appointment? When I have to be back in the UK? after receiving the confirmation letter because I have to return my BRP card in 5 days? So whenever I receive confirmation, I have to be back in 5 days?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79896
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:00 pm

adatitan wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:58 pm
I have an appointment for naturalisation very soon. My question is can I travel overseas after attending the biometrics appointment? When I have to be back in the UK? after receiving the confirmation letter because I have to return my BRP card in 5 days? So whenever I receive confirmation, I have to be back in 5 days?
You are free to travel. The brp only has to be returned AFTER you have attended your ceremony. That is the point you become British.

Make sure someone checks your post as ho could ask for any information or original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swagill
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:58 pm
Mood:
Brunei

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by swagill » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm
swagill wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm
I have submitted application for naturalisation on 1st of June. As far as I can assess biometric appointment for me could be delay beyond August/Sept .

My question is : Can I travel outside UK for two weeks and book my biometric appointment once I return back? or I can’t?

I know that for naturalisation application once biometric are submitted one can travel outside UK but how about someone travel outside before biometric and upon arrival schedule biometric appointment accordingly.
You are free to travel.
CR001 Thanks !

I would like thanks casa , zampa and CR001 for providing valuable information throughout this forum. I have been using this platform for my ILR , children naturalisation and spouse visa(all successful in 2019) and did not required any kind of external help(immigration lawyers). And provided right information regarding UKVI application processes and protocols. I am in debts to this forum and to all the active contributors. Hats of to all of you!!! Thanks

londuk1
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 pm
Mood:
Greece

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by londuk1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:02 am

Has anyone managed to book an appointment these days? Did anyone get an email invitation to book an appointment?

Naphtha
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:47 am
Mood:
Spain

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Naphtha » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 am

londuk1 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:02 am
Has anyone managed to book an appointment these days? Did anyone get an email invitation to book an appointment?
Is it even possible to book an appointment without the invite though? I have been checking every hour for the last few days and I have seen no availability in any place.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:41 pm
Slovenia

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Pazol Azel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:00 am

londuk1 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:02 am
Has anyone managed to book an appointment these days? Did anyone get an email invitation to book an appointment?
I haven't and I didn't (online application submitted 15th April).

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Zimba » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Naphtha wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 am
londuk1 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:02 am
Has anyone managed to book an appointment these days? Did anyone get an email invitation to book an appointment?
Is it even possible to book an appointment without the invite though? I have been checking every hour for the last few days and I have seen no availability in any place.
Nope you CANNOT.
Unable to register/book an appointment?

We're trying to be as fair as possible, opening up the booking system to more people in phases based on registration dates, starting with the earliest registrations first. We are committed to opening our booking system to as many customers as possible as soon as we can. Once we reach the date you registered, you will receive an email inviting you to book an appointment.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Post Reply
cron