ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application refused due to non response

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

laharisripati
Newly Registered

British Citizenship application refused due to non response

Post by laharisripati » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Hello all

My application for British Citizenship has been refused.

Reasons
"We wrote to you via email requesting the following documents in support of your application for British Citizenship. We do not appear to have received a reply to our request and we have therefore decided the application on the documents available. As we cannot be satisfied from these documents that you meet the requirement, your application is refused."

With the above reason that there was no response to their enquiry, the application has been refused. But I haven't received the email asking for additional documentation. I rechecked through my emails again but I am sure I haven't seen any email from homeoffice.

1. I would like to know if anybody faced such situation before.
2. Do you know how many days do they give for response for such enquiry?
3. Am I eligible for reconsideration?
4. What are the timelines for reconsideration?

Any information in this regard would be of great help

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship application refused due to non response

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 pm

But I haven't received the email asking for additional documentation. I rechecked through my emails again but I am sure I haven't seen any email from homeoffice.
Are you sure you put the correct email address in your application? Have you checked your junk or spam folder?? Are you sure you didn't receive an actual letter in the post, brown standard second class envelope (looks a bit like junk mail)?

What documents does HO state they asked for?
Many yes.
Usually 10 to 15 days.
Yes you can apply for a reconsideration. Costs almost £400 and can take many months.
There is no set timeframe. HO will take as long as they need to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:01 pm

laharisripati wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:38 pm
Hello all

My application for British Citizenship has been refused.

Reasons
"We wrote to you via email requesting the following documents in support of your application for British Citizenship. We do not appear to have received a reply to our request and we have therefore decided the application on the documents available. As we cannot be satisfied from these documents that you meet the requirement, your application is refused."

With the above reason that there was no response to their enquiry, the application has been refused. But I haven't received the email asking for additional documentation. I rechecked through my emails again but I am sure I haven't seen any email from homeoffice.

Any information in this regard would be of great help

Thanks in advance
My first email from HO about my application went to junk mail. If you don't regularly check your junk mail it usually gets deleted after a set period of time. In my opinion it is wrong for HO to rely on email and to not follow up with a letter or phone call if you don't respond. After all they asked for contact details such as phone, email and of course address. We pay £1,3xx for this???

laharisripati
Newly Registered

Post by laharisripati » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:50 pm
But I haven't received the email asking for additional documentation. I rechecked through my emails again but I am sure I haven't seen any email from homeoffice.
Are you sure you put the correct email address in your application? Have you checked your junk or spam folder?? Are you sure you didn't receive an actual letter in the post, brown standard second class envelope (looks a bit like junk mail)?
I have rechecked the application I submitted. email id is right.I have received the initial email with case id after my application. Hence, I am hoping the email id is right.
I haven't received the actual letter in post. Even in the refusal reason, they mentioned that they sent an email. I checked spam/trash mail as well, but no luck.
What documents does HO state they asked for?
They asked for residence proof between two dates.
Many yes.
Usually 10 to 15 days.
Yes you can apply for a reconsideration. Costs almost £400 and can take many months.
How many days do I have for applying for reconsideration?
There is no set timeframe. HO will take as long as they need to.