ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

British Citizenship Application

Post by ariamus » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:26 pm

My wife has obtained her ILR (M) following 5 years in the UK as married to a British Citizen.

Can she apply for British Citizenship straightaway or does she need to wait 1 year?

Also for the application other than her passport showing first entry to UK 5 years ago, is there any correspondence requirement?

I hope someone can advise.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:29 pm

ariamus wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:26 pm
My wife has obtained her ILR (M) following 5 years in the UK as married to a British Citizen.

Can she apply for British Citizenship straightaway or does she need to wait 1 year? Spouse of BC do not need to wait for 1 year, can apply right away.

Also for the application other than her passport showing first entry to UK 5 years ago, is there any correspondence requirement?

I hope someone can advise.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:32 pm

Not sure what you mean by "correspondence requirement" but the passport with entry stamp is sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:49 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I understood my wife needs to evidence she has been in the UK for 5 years, and thought that would be done with correspondence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:25 pm

ariamus wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:49 pm
Thank you for your replies.

I understood my wife needs to evidence she has been in the UK for 5 years, and thought that would be done with correspondence.
No it is not correspondence. It is passports stamped pages only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.