ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP - Daughter 16 years old

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sathmaha
Newly Registered

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP - Daughter 16 years old

Post by sathmaha » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Dear All,

My Daughter received her Permanent resident visa by completing 10 years stay in the UK recently. I am already a British citizen and holding a British passport. Is my daughter eligible to apply for British Passport without applying for Naturalisation?

Please kindly let me know

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRITISH CITIZENSHIP - Daughter 16 years old

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Is my daughter eligible to apply for British Passport without applying for Naturalisation?
No. She is not yet British, only a British citizen can apply for a passport. You have to register her as British on form MN1 under Section 3(1) if under 18 years of age. Current cost is just over £1000. Passport is an extra cost once she is approved for citizenship.

What is the immigration status of the other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sathmaha
Newly Registered

Post by sathmaha » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Hiya,

Mother also holding Pemernant resident as they both joined with me in UK 2009

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:40 pm

As both the daughter and other parent hold ILR and you are a British citizen, she is eligible to be registered as a British citizen using Form MN1. Once she receives the registration certificate, she can apply for a British passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.