ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship & FLR(M)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AKANTONY
India

British Citizenship & FLR(M)

Post by AKANTONY » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi,

My current visa status is Indefinite Leave to Remain since June 2021 and my spouse on FLR(M) since 2021. I am going to apply for my Citizenship this month. My questions are below if you could answer it will be very helpful,
1. Will my wife needs to change her FLR(M) visa again or she should be ok to continue on her current visa as it expires in Feb 2024.
2. Does FLR(M) qualifies for public fund?

meself2
Ireland

Re: British Citizenship & FLR(M)

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:24 pm

AKANTONY wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:22 pm
1. Will my wife needs to change her FLR(M) visa again or she should be ok to continue on her current visa as it expires in Feb 2024.
it's fine, spouse route doesn't change whether you're an ILR holder or British citizen for the spouse.
AKANTONY wrote:
What do you mean? Can FLR(M) applicants receive public funds? No, it should be stated in the decision letter.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:31 pm

AKANTONY wrote:
Hi,

My current visa status is Indefinite Leave to Remain since June 2021 and my spouse on FLR(M) since 2021. I am going to apply for my Citizenship this month. My questions are below if you could answer it will be very helpful,
She will continue with her current visa status and need to renew as required - her status doesn't change with you becoming British. Once she's got ILR then she could apply immediately as spouse of a British citizen (or once you are).
An expert will comment on this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:31 pm
AKANTONY wrote:
Hi,

She will continue with her current visa status and need to renew as required - her status doesn't change with you becoming British. Once she's got ILR then she could apply immediately as spouse of a British citizen (or once you are).
An expert will comment on this.
I can confirm that @meself2 is correct. Your wife won't qualify for Public Funds until she is granted ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AKANTONY
India

Post by AKANTONY » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:39 pm

Thank you for your swift reply