ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for 12 Year old - Father British Citizen, Step Mom - Applying for British citizenship.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suresa
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for 12 Year old - Father British Citizen, Step Mom - Applying for British citizenship.

Post by suresa » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi

I am applying citizenship application for my Second Wife and my biological daughter.

What document should i submit for below one ?

1. Proof of Step Mom's parental responsibility for the child
2. Proof of Parental responsibility of Father ?
(Hope Child's birth certificate is enough).

Child's biological Mother is dead. So i am attaching her death certificate. Hope this is enough ?

Please confirm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship for 12 Year old - Father British Citizen, Step Mom - Applying for British citizenship.

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 pm

1. Nothing. Step parent is irrelevant in citizenship applications.

2. Birth cert is sufficient plus death cert of mother.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suresa
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship for 12 Year old - Father British Citizen, Step Mom - Applying for British citizenship.

Post by suresa » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:56 pm

The only reason is, i am applying for both my second wife and my daughter together in a single application.
Not sure if that is the reason for them to ask a document about parental responsibility of Step Mom (this was shown in the required documentation section while i try submitting application).

Both my wife and daughter have settlement status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:15 am

You should apply separately for the child on their own form if not already submitted.

Citizenship laws has no reference or concept for step parents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.