ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship for non eea wife of eea

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Carlosmiranda
Portugal

British citizenship for non eea wife of eea

Post by Carlosmiranda » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi. My wife have received PR last year feb as a non era spouse of eea national. She was on student visa from 2003 to 2011 . In 2011 we made her application for unmarried partner of eea but solicitor never sent it to home office so her visa got expired . We never came to know what he did to my wife’s application. After chasing him for long time we contacted another solicitor and he found that her application never been submitted. During this my wife sent another application and home Office served her with IS.151a . Plz can you advise when my wife can apply for British citizenship. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship for non eea wife of eea

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:12 pm

She will qualify for British citizen 10yrs from the date you married in 2012, so in February 2022.

Her period of overstay from when her student visa expired to date of marriage to an EU citizen will mean she will likely fail the good character requirement for citizenship.

eea-route-applications/pls-help-me-t220 ... l#p1106474
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Carlosmiranda
Portugal

Post by Carlosmiranda » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:12 pm
She will qualify for British citizen 10yrs from the date you married in 2012, so in February 2022.

Her period of overstay from when her student visa expired to date of marriage to an EU citizen will mean she will likely fail the good character requirement for citizenship.

eea-route-applications/pls-help-me-t220 ... l#p1106474
thanks for finding my old post , I was trying to find it but didn’t find . We have email from home Office when we were tracing my solicitor for application. Because my wife applied the visa before expiring date . But solicitor didn’t send the application. So i mean to ask you can we send all the emails we have regarding all this what happened with bc application. Any possibility of naturalisation by discretion plz?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 pm

What does the email from home office say??

If her student visa expired and she was not married to you, she was an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Carlosmiranda
Portugal

Post by Carlosmiranda » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 pm
What does the email from home office say??

If her student visa expired and she was not married to you, she was an overstayer.
Yes she wasn’t married on that application time it was unmarried partner visa application . And emails are just the conversation with home Office regarding my wife’s previous solicitor file. Solicitor gave us tracking number but when we gave it home Office they said tracking number is correct but it’s for different applicant not for my wife . So all went wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Unfortunately that won't help. She was an overstayer from when her student visa expired and had no automatic rights as an unmarried partner unser the EEA rules until the date of marriage in Feb 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Carlosmiranda
Portugal

Post by Carlosmiranda » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 pm
Unfortunately that won't help. She was an overstayer from when her student visa expired and had no automatic rights as an unmarried partner unser the EEA rules until the date of marriage in Feb 2012.
I really appreciate your help. Thanks again for valuable advice. We will wait till 2022 .