ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship supporting documents for EEA national - Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blueandred
Newly Registered

Online Application - Can it be saved and continued later?

Post by blueandred » Sat May 22, 2021 12:08 pm

If applying online, is it possible to save the progress of your application and come back to it later? Is there time limit for how long the information will be stored there?

I was wondering if it's better to fill it in all in one go? Or does it not matter at all?
Because with some HMRC forms (such as the self assesment) there was a lot of discussion around that, saying that they are sometimes checking how many times you logged in and edited the information on the form etc. etc.

Thanks in advance!

srsw

Re: Online Application - Can it be saved and continued later?

Post by srsw » Sat May 22, 2021 12:14 pm

Yes, you can keep draft application and continue to edit as many times as you want. Once you are ready, then you pay and that's when your application gets submitted.

When you save draft it will confirm on the screen how long it will be retained and what you need to do (access it at least once in every 4 to 6 weeks, I think) to keep the application active.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

blueandred
Newly Registered

Re: Online Application - Can it be saved and continued later?

Post by blueandred » Sat May 22, 2021 12:35 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:14 pm
Yes, you can keep draft application and continue to edit as many times as you want. Once you are ready, then you pay and that's when your application gets submitted.

When you save draft it will confirm on the screen how long it will be retained and what you need to do (access it at least once in every 4 to 6 weeks, I think) to keep the application active.
Perfect, thank you!

blueandred
Newly Registered

CSI Requirement for Self Employed

Post by blueandred » Sat May 22, 2021 5:10 pm

The rule for CSI says something along the lines of:
"Employed and self-employed workers were not required to hold CSI."

I suppose that is because those people would have paid National Insurance contributions? So they wouldn't need to pay CSI. Is that it? I might be wrong.

In the last 10 years, I have two gaps (few months) in between jobs. I was registered as self-employed in those tax years and made self-assesment return.

However, I have just checked my tax returns and it looks like I didn't pay any insurance contributions for those self-employment periods, because I didn't meet the minimum income requirement (which e.g. this year is £6.5k for Class 2 and £9.5k for Class 4).

If I haven't paid any NIC, will those periods still be excluded from the CSI requirement? Just based on the fact that I was self-employed?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: CSI Requirement for Self Employed

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:28 pm

CSI was required under EU regulations as adopted by the UK - affecting people who exercised EU Treaty Rights as "Students" or "Self-Sufficient".
It did not apply to Workers, Job Seekers or Self-Employed. Paying or not paying NI was not relevant for CSI which is a private insurance policy. From your details it would appear you were not in scope for that requirement. Note that there are no financial requirements for naturalisation (such as income, profits, tax/NI or benefits). Low or no NI payments may impact your potential state pension level.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

blueandred
Newly Registered

UKVCAS and Online Application questions

Post by blueandred » Sun May 30, 2021 2:11 pm

I have a few questions regarding the online application process for British Citizenship:

1) Does it matter when you provide the evidence documents? (as long as it's before the UKVCAS appointment)
Is there any advantage for uploading those on the same day as submitting and paying for the application?
Would that speed the process up at all?

2) A lot of the evidence that I have such as Payslips, P60, P45 etc. are all digital, in a PDF format.
Am I ok to upload PDF's as well as scans?

3) Is there a Notes section when providing the evidence via UKVCAS, where I could explain the purpose of each document that I'm providing? E.g. "I'm providing P60 for years 2019-2020 as a proof of a valid residence" etc.

Thank you for your help :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS and Online Application questions

Post by CR001 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:18 pm

Topics merged.

1. It makes no difference to the processing time really.

2. Yes fine.

3. There is no requirment to explain each document. Ukvi know what they are looking for and what the requirements are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blueandred
Newly Registered

Re: UKVCAS and Online Application questions

Post by blueandred » Sun May 30, 2021 2:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:18 pm
Topics merged.

1. It makes no difference to the processing time really.

2. Yes fine.

3. There is no requirment to explain each document. Ukvi know what they are looking for and what the requirements are.
Thank you for your replies.

blueandred
Newly Registered

British Citizenship supporting documents for EEA national - Questions

Post by blueandred » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:47 pm

I am an EEA national holding ILR (under the EU Settlement Scheme) since January 2020.

I am in the stage of preparing my supporting documents and uploading them online, before my biometrics appointment.

Here are the documents I have been asked to provide at the end of the online application. I'd like to ask a few question about those:

1) Passport issued by my country

- My current passport has only been issued 3 years ago. Am I OK supplying just that one? As I have read on the forums that some people are also supplying their previous passports. Is that necessary?

2) Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period.

- Would a combination of P60 documents as well as payslips count towards this?

- I was employed for most of that time (the last 5 years) however I also did have 6 months break in between the jobs. I was registered as self employed throughout that time. Can I just add a self employment assesment from that year to confirm this?

- Do the P60's, payslips etc. only need to cover the period until January 2020? Because that's when I received my IRL. So I don't need to worry about any evidence after Jan 2020?

- Do I need to include any confirmation of my IRL in the supporting documents, even tho the list isn't asking about it?

3) My proof of Nationality

- That would be the same as number 1), so my current passport. I also have a National ID card, should I include that too?

4) Proof of living in the UK for 5 years

- Would the documents supplied in 2) not cover that? So the P60's, payslips etc.
If not, what would be the best type of supporting documents for this?

Generic question

Do I not need to go outside of the 5 years period with any of those supporting documents? Only asking because I have seen people proving their work history for the last 10 years etc. but I guess that's because their circumstances are different and they were asked to do so?

Thank you so much for your help.

blueandred
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship supporting documents for EEA national - Questions

Post by blueandred » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:22 pm

@Moderators - thank you for merging my threads once again. I hope you do realise that when you do that, people don't respond to the latest post, and the forum is becoming a mess. There's no need to merge whatsoever, if the topics are different.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship supporting documents for EEA national - Questions

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.