ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

starz11
Nigeria

British citizenship

Post by starz11 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:04 pm

Dear All,

I am due to apply for my British passport in September, but as far as I know I have to be in the Uk for at 9months. I traveled out of the country last year just before the first lock down and I stayed for 7months came back in October 11th 2020. O then traveled again on December 14 and came back April 15th 2021 that leaves only 6months till September 27th when am due to apply. Could you please advice if I could still apply for my British citizenship ?

Kind regards.

starz11
Nigeria

British citizenship

Post by starz11 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:02 am

Dear All,

Please I really need your advice as I am due to apply for my British passport in September, but as far as I know I have to be in the Uk for at least 9months before you can apply. I traveled out of the country last year just before the first lock down and I stayed for 7months came back on October 11th 2020. I then traveled again on December 14th and came back April 15th 2021 that leaves only 6months till September 27th when am due to apply. Could you please advice if I could still apply for my British citizenship ?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:07 am

The requirment is not to have more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately before the date you apply for citizenship by naturalisation. So you need to work it out if you qualify and apply accordingly.

Absence of up 100 days could be ok.

A passport can only be applied for after you are British through an application to naturalise and you have attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.