ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship to a child born in uk 10 years route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amidlopez

British citizenship to a child born in uk 10 years route

Post by Amidlopez » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Hello please i need help,my daughter is 10years now in January 2018,i want to apply for her British citizenship under the 10 years route,she is born in the uk never been out of the uk since 10 years of her life,do you think she will be granted? And also my second child is 7 years old,i want to know if my first child application is successful do you think my second child will be granted too or will he have to wait till he is 10 years too.
And im on decretionary leave to remain i have submitted for an extension on December 2017 still waiting,will the home office acknowledge it or do i have to submit the British citizenship application of my daughter while im waiting for our renewal of our descritionary application,please help me with some answers please

secret.simon

Re: British citizenship to a child born in uk 10 years route

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Provided the child is born in the UK and has lived the first ten years of their life in the UK (with absences of no more than 90 days per year), they have an entitlement to British citizenship and cannot be refused.

Go through the guidance for Form T.
Amidlopez wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:34 pm
And also my second child is 7 years old,i want to know if my first child application is successful do you think my second child will be granted too or will he have to wait till he is 10 years too.
He will need to wait until he is 10 (assuming he was born in the UK).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Amidlopez

Re: British citizenship to a child born in uk 10 years route

Post by Amidlopez » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Thank you so much for your reply,and my application for my extension,doni have to wait for that application to come before I submit her British citizenship application,cos I submitted her brp card with it the home office with the discretionary leave,or the home office will acknowledge it?