ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Nationality 101

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rollo
Newly Registered

British Nationality 101

Post by rollo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm

My situation is as follows:

My Father born in 1939 in Nairobi, renounced his CUKC to gain Kenyan Citizenship in 1970 Reacquired BC status in 2005

Mother born in Mombasa in 1944, British Protected Person Registered as a CUKC with a right of abode in 1975. Renounced her CUKC with ROA in 1982 and Reacquired BC status in 2001

My grandparents both from my Maternal and Paternal were born in India around 1918-1921.

Paternal Grandparents registered under 1948 Act as BC in Nairobi to go and settle in England sometime in 1967 and emigrated to Englad and settled in England till their demise.

I was born in 1973 in Nairobi. Looking at the above, do I qualify for any claim to British Nationality.

Thank you :D

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: British Nationality 101

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:59 pm

rollo wrote:My Father born in 1939 in Nairobi, renounced his CUKC to gain Kenyan Citizenship in 1970 Reacquired BC status in 2005
Mother born in Mombasa in 1944, British Protected Person Registered as a CUKC with a right of abode in 1975. Renounced her CUKC with ROA in 1982 and Reacquired BC status in 2001
I was born in 1973 in Nairobi. Looking at the above, do I qualify for any claim to British Nationality.
If I read this right, you were born in a period when neither your father nor your mother held British citizenship or was residing in the UK. Since you are not a minor anymore, you cannot be registered as BC anymore, either. I am not entirely firm on the old laws which sometimes still apply, but I am not aware of anything that might help you and I seriously doubt that you can make a direct claim to British citizenship. You will have to do this on your own, i.e. by fulfilling the standard requirements like residency criteria (see here).