ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation - Domestic Violence?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nebumengs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Eritrea

British Naturalisation - Domestic Violence?

Post by Nebumengs » Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi guys I just have a question anyone can help?
I granted my ILR based on demostic vieolence
I am separated my husband is British do I have to stay five years to apply for citizenship it’s been 3years since am in uk and don’t travel to anywhere by this time. Thank you any advice can help

secret.simon

Re: British Naturalisation - Domestic Violence?

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 pm

Provided you are still married to the British citizen AND you have proof of your spouse's British citizenship (a copy of their British passport or naturalisation certificate), you can apply after 3 years of residence in the UK (and having acquired ILR).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 09, 2021 11:50 pm

And provided you have a copy of your marriage certificate.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Nebumengs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Eritrea

Post by Nebumengs » Tue May 11, 2021 2:05 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 pm
Provided you are still married to the British citizen AND you have proof of your spouse's British citizenship (a copy of their British passport or naturalisation certificate), you can apply after 3 years of residence in the UK (and having acquired ILR).
Hi thank you for your reply yes I have his copy passport and our marriage certificate. But i granted ILR early do I have to wait for one year to fill after granted ilr thank you

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Nebumengs wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:05 pm
Hi thank you for your reply yes I have his copy passport and our marriage certificate. But i granted ILR early do I have to wait for one year to fill after granted ilr thank you
No, provided that you were the spouse of a British citizen on the date of application.

You do still have to meet the physical presence requirement though (that you were physically in the UK exactly three years before the date of application).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Nebumengs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Eritrea

Post by Nebumengs » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:11 pm
Nebumengs wrote:
No, provided that you were the spouse of a British citizen on the date of application.

You do still have to meet the physical presence requirement though (that you were physically in the UK exactly three years before the date of application).
I am sorry but which application du mean the ilr. My question is can I apply even if I don’t fill one year with ilr but stayed 3years in uk. I have stayed 3years but I only got my ilr last month so when can I apply based on married to British

Nebumengs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Eritrea

Post by Nebumengs » Tue May 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Nebumengs wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:11 pm
Nebumengs wrote:

I am sorry but which application du mean the ilr. My question is can I apply even if I don’t fill one year with ilr but stayed 3years in uk. I have stayed 3years but I only got my ilr last month so when can I apply based on married to British but separated

Nebumengs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Eritrea

Post by Nebumengs » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:15 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 pm
hi can you please help me with the following two question?
1 is it possible to use only the first page of my husband pasport or i need to provide all pages
2 i have marrige certificate but i dont have his birth certficate so can i able to request his birth certificate from uk goverment or somewhere in the uk but he was not born in the uk