ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British naturalisation ....

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meahb
Newly Registered

British naturalisation ....

Post by Meahb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Hi guys I am hoping someone with a bit more expertise can help please.

So I am looking to help my mum apply for British naturalisation.
She has been in the UK since about 1989 and she entered on a right to abode visa from Bangladesh.
She is married to a British citizen and has 5 British children.

My question is will my mum be exempt from the life in the UK test/English knowledge test?

I'll be honest she's at at age were she just won't pass the test that's my biggest worry.

Could she apply for British naturalisation on any other grounds i.e shes been living in UK for nearly 30 years with no trouble with the law .

Her life is in the UK and this is her home and her familys home ?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this topic has been covered already

P.s she is under 65years of age

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British naturalisation ....

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm

You should post this in the British Citizenship forum.
Perhaps you can explain what this "right of abode" visa is for experts to comment more fully.
Only over 65s are exempt from English and LITUK tests. There is a set of standard requirements most applicants need to meet.
You should review the naturalisation guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Now moved to the correct sub-forum
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Meahb
Newly Registered

Post by Meahb » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks for moving into correct forum. Still no response from anyone.

Again any type of advice would be grateful 😀

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:16 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Only over 65s are exempt from English and LITUK tests. There is a set of standard requirements most applicants need to meet.
You should review the naturalisation guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
:idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.